Great Bridge Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Minister to Students & Young Adults. Great Bridge Baptist Church is a theologically conservative Southern Baptist Church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Baptist General Association
of Virginia (BGAV) and the Norfolk Area Baptist Association (NABA).
Our average Sunday morning attendance is 750. We are a community minded church, with more than 75% of our members residing within a travel time of 10 minutes. Our student ministry averages 60 students in weekly attendance and has unlimited potential.
We plan to develop and improve our ministry to college students and young adults. Great Bridge Baptist Church has a great heart for our community and tremendous potential to reach our community and impact Kingdom work around the world. We believe the future
is bright at GBBC!
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities and skills.
• Has a passion for evangelism & equipping students do live out their faith in Christ.
• Has a passion to help students to discover spiritual gifts, while giving them the opportunity to
serve within the ministry of the church.
• Personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of ministry.
• Experience in leading and developing a growing student ministry.
• Strong communication, organization, and teamwork skill.
• Embraces creativity in ministry.
• Most importantly a growing and intimate walk with Christ.
If you feel led by God to submit a resume’ please send it to GBBCsearchteam@yahoo.com
1. Is responsible to the pastor for the development, promotion, and supervision of students and young adults programs of the Church. Reports directly to the Pastor.
2. Direct the planning, conducting, coordinating, and evaluation of a comprehensive education program based on program tasks and need.
3. Work with division leaders to plan a program for leading individual to a knowledge of the plan of salvation and to develop them in a Christian manner.
4. Lead in planning and conducting special age group activities and programs appropriate for the spiritual growth of the youth of the church such as Youth Week, drama, retreats, conferences, camps, fellowship, banquets, and mission activities.
5. Organize and direct a church wide visitation program for students and young adults.
6. Develop and implement a ministry program specifically for young adults to include college students and young adults.
7. Coordinate budget preparation for the assigned program ministry of the church and other assigned areas and administer the approved budget.