ABOUT MOUNTAIN PARK COMMUNITY CHURCH (MPCC): MPCC is a thriving church in beautiful Ahwatukee, an affluent area within sunny Phoenix, Arizona. This community has a true small town feel and is known as the “largest cul-de-sac in the world”
because of the nearby mountain ranges and tribal lands secluding it from the rest of Phoenix. Starting as a church plant 27 years ago, MPCC has grown to one of the larger churches in the area averaging over 1,600 on Sunday mornings. The local community features
excellent schools, abundant sports and outdoor activities, beautiful desert surroundings, and a health conscious culture. But behind the masks of beauty of wealth are the realities of a local divorce rate approaching 70%, broken families, and many lonely people.
Additionally, families are under tremendous pressure to conform to the social ideals of perfection, achievement, and busyness. In the midst of all of this, MPCC invites people to Celebrate God’s story and Launch into their own. Our church personality is described
as safe, yet dangerous; fun, yet intentional; and confident, yet humble; and we strive to reach the many distracted and disinterested in our community with an invitation to realize their role in God’s story.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: MPCC is seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to oversee and manage all aspects of the Children’s Ministry (birth to fifth grade). The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for recruiting, training,
and leading teams of volunteers in the Children’s Ministry and report to the Birth-College Pastor.
- Create and foster safe, welcoming and fun environments for all areas of Children’s Ministry
- Develop, utilize, and maintain systems and processes for carrying out the functions of ministry including all programming, curriculum, and volunteer teams
- Support the overall mission and strategy of the church through amazing children’s programming on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, an annual summer camp and other various needs
- Provide updates and feedback to the Birth-College Pastor for coaching, reporting and improvement
- Manage the budget for Children’s Ministry
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to children’s ministry
- Proficient in technology including check-in systems, audio/visual equipment, and typical office environment applications
- Experience leading a successful children’s ministry in a church of at least 500 in average attendance including teaching and interacting with children and their families
- A strong relational leader who works well in a fast-paced, team environment with a proven track record with training, recruiting, and leading large teams of volunteers (50 or more volunteers)
- Embrace and live out the philosophy that parents are the primary disciplers of their children
The ideal candidate will demonstrate both a personal life of spiritual growth as well as competency in ministry skills. They will be humble and teachable with a willingness to learn and grow. The ability to take initiative as a self-starter is very important,
as well as the balance of working autonomously and in a team atmosphere. They will be able to have fun in ministry and not take themselves too seriously.
To find out more about Mountain Park, please visit mountainpark.org and watch this video: vimeo.com/52821251
To apply for the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter, your resume, and the following:
- Please share about your “God story.” Include what experience, events or practices have been the most significant in your personal discipleship?
- Share your philosophy of children’s ministry. Include your understanding of the role and expectations for a children’s ministry director, volunteers, children in the ministry, and their parents.
- Describe a time when you developed a team for a specific goal. Include the process of recruiting, training, leading and dealing with unmet expectations.
- Describe your ideal work environment, as well as, the worst.