Ministry Description - Community Life Pastor
Small Groups (Growth Groups)
Golden Hills Community Church
The Community Life Pastor of small groups is responsible for leading a small group ministry that supports the disciple-making process of GHCC: Disciples are best made as we Worship, Grow, and Serve in the context of Christian community.
To assist in the fulfillment of the Great Commission and the purpose of Golden Hills
Community Church by providing pastoral care and leadership to the GHCC community.
II. General Responsibilities
1. Shepherd the GHCC community through counseling, visitation, and other pastoral care ministry. These ministry opportunities include, but are not limited to, the following: pre-marital, marital, benevolent assistance, and other counseling; weddings; baptisms; and funerals/memorial services.
- Serve the GHCC community through other ministry opportunities as deemed necessary and
as assigned by the Senior Pastor, the Executive Pastor, and/or the Pastor of Shepherding Ministries.
1. Provide leadership in developing, articulating, and organizing strategies for achieving our
purpose of “glorifying God by making disciples who will impact every area of the world for
Christ.” Annual, measurable goals will be developed, refined and evaluated in a team effort.
2. GHCC is a lay ministry driven Church, as presented in Ephesians, chapter four. Recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of the ministry team according to our small group philosophy is essential. Participation in focused training opportunities and regular staff ministry meetings; and a commitment to meaningful personal accountability is expected of all GHCC staff members.
III. Specific Ministry Description
The Small Group Community Life Pastor will provide overall pastoral leadership for our small groups. This leadership includes but is not limited to:
• Small Group Participation - One of the functions of this ministry is to seek ways to increase participation in small groups by more people from our congregation. We have an annual campaign that brings focus here, an otherd methods should be regularly explored.
• Growth group leader recruitment. Increasing participation will require ongoing formation of small groups. Those groups hinge on leaders. This recruiting process is vital.
• Growth Group leader training. New leaders need a process of training to complete in order to be equipped for their new role. Ongoing leaders need some level of training for improvement. Both of these processes should be planned out and repeated on an ongoing basis. Included should be a thorough understanding of the Worship, Grow, Serve approach to discipleship and the leader's role in that process.
• Resourcing of group leaders. Having proven resources and curriculum for leaders will make their role much more practical and will help insure groups are being exposed to a wide range of topics.
• Ongoing support and accountability of group leaders. Most likely this will be accomplished through coaches (who will no doubt be used in the functions described above as well).
• Support, training, and accountability of coaches. A periodic meeting of coaches to talk through common problems/challenges, discuss administration, etc. would seem to be the right approach. Occasional individual meetings will no doubt be beneficial.
• Ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of growth groups and their alignment with the discipleship process of our church.
All ministry personnel of Golden Hills Community Church are called to live their lives in a
manner glorifying to the Lord Jesus Christ and pleasing to Him, as led by and empowered by
the Holy Spirit. All ministry personnel are expected to maintain a life characterized by serious
prayer and a strong commitment to God’s Word and to His people. 08/14
Desired Ministry Qualifications
- Genuine love for Jesus Christ, the Word of God, His people, and the lost.
- Quality, intimate relationship with God.
- Minimum of BA in Bible/Ministry, Seminary helpful.
- Significant (minimum 5 years) pastoral experience with small groups as a focus.
- Experience and skill in counseling, preaching, teaching, visitation, weddings and funerals/memorial services.
- Warm, hospitable, engaging personality.
- Ability and experience in leadership, problem solving, interpersonal relationship challenges, and effective communication.
- Experience in administration, writing, and budget preparation.
- Ability to work effectively on a large ministry staff, working cross departmentally to achieve alignment in ministry.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Golden Hills Community Church
Located in the far eastern edge of the San Francisco Bay area, Golden Hills is a growing ministry with a goal of impacting our world for Christ. Averaging abiout 3700 in weekly attendance, there is still much to be done here in our community and around the world to reach peolple for Jesus.More...