kids@ehills Children’s Pastor
Department: Family Ministries
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Classification: Salaried, Full-time, 45-50 hours/week
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to kids@ehills (Nursery-5th grade).
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children pursue radical transformation by taking their next steps towards Jesus.
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
• Ability to fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of Eastern Hills Community Church
• Proven expertise in administration.
• Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
• Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
• Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
• Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
• Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, subordinates and volunteers.
• Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
• Proven ability to achieve results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• To provide leadership to the kids@ehills team:
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for kids@ehills in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Elders.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for kids@ehills staff.
- Sets direction and trains kids@ehills staff and volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of kids@ehills staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for kids@ehills budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (CONT.):
• Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
• Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
• Responsible for all staffing of kids@ehills (including training).
• Manage communications between ministries that interact with kids@ehills.
• Develop and implement all safety and security processes for kids@ehills in cooperation with the church’s safety and security team.
• Oversee the implementation of all programming for kids@ehills.
• Be a member of the Family Ministry team and participate and support family ministry events.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Minimum of 5 years commensurate experience
• Reports to Executive Pastor
• Supervises and directs kids@ehills staff
• Works closely with all areas of ministries within Eastern Hills Community Church