Worship Pastor Job Description
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministry of Immanuel Baptist Church.
To Know the Follow Jesus Christ and Make Him Known to All People
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God.
As a leader the worship pastor must be able to communicate a vision in a way that inspires those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision. The worship pastor must have a shepherd’s heart serving the people of the church. The worship pastor’s primary calling is worship but Immanuel is looking for a worship pastor who can occasionally serve on the preaching team of Immanuel.
Worship Ministry Philosophy
We believe our service should be one of quality and excellence that glorifies God and is relevant to the culture God would have us reach. Immanuel is a multigenerational congregation. The direction of Immanuel’s worship is to appropriately praise and honor God in a manner consistent with the culture of Ridgecrest. The Elders of Immanuel are committed to a style of worship that is focused on God and aligns the hearts of the congregation with Him.
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Agrees with our mission, vision, and worship philosophy at IBC.
- Has experience as a Worship Leader
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Has the ability and prefers to lead with a musical instrument.
- Relates well with people and is an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
- Communication skills to serve on a preaching team.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
- Knowledgeable in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Immanuel in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and any other needs deemed necessary for the service.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
- Introduce our worship teams to training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Plan major seasonal evangelistic outreaches through music and drama.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Participate in Immanuel’s Christian School either by teaching a Bible class or teaching music. The purpose is to build relationships with students and families outside our church, encouraging them to attend Immanuel.
How to Apply
Submit Resume with a Video Link of you Leading a Worship Service in your resume to: Here's My Resume
Learn more about Immanuel: http://ibcridgecrest.org/ and Immanuel Baptist Ridgecrest FB Page
Deadline for Resume and Video Demo Sept 14, 2014
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1