Church Description: Kindred Community Church (KCC) is a growing, 10-year-old church in Anaheim Hills currently ministering to 1300 every Sunday. KCC blends style and content from a number of Christian traditions.
Church Vision: We exist to glorify God by making and maturing disciples of Jesus Christ throughout the World.
Kindred Kid’s Vision and Mission: Kindred Kid’s passion and vision is to make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ. We seek to accomplish this by providing support and encouragement to parents as they assume the Biblical role of discipling
their children. Our mission involves reinforcing what is being taught in the home and serving as a
resource to parents while they train up their children in the ways of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Proverbs 22:6)
Status: Full Time/Salary
Purpose of Position: To provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of our ministry to children from nursery through sixth grade, including supervising paid staff and lay leaders/teachers, volunteers, curriculum
development, programming, facility, budgets and planning.
- Be committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- Love and prioritize your wife.
- Disciple your children to know God and love Him. (if a parent) The active and strategic discipleship of your own children must be a higher priority than your discipleship of others.
- Participate as a member of the pastoral staff team for the general body of Kindred Community Church and be available to assist in pastoral duties as opportunities arise.
Specific Responsibilities in Children Ministry:
- Parent-Child Discipleship - Equip parents to pass on their faith to the next generation by discipling their children. Work with Pastor of Ministry Development to develop and implement an ongoing strategy to help parent’s fulfill their calling
to be the primary spiritual trainers of their children.
- Leadership - Provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of our ministry to children from nursery through sixth grade. Encourage, train and coach paid staff, and facilitate the recruitment, training and encouragement
of volunteer leaders and teachers. Oversee ongoing strategic development of curriculum, programming, facility, budgets and planning.
- Administration-Plan and provide for the security and success of children, teachers and leaders within the ministry by establishing and overseeing policies and procedures that enhance excellence and minister grace to the receiver. Areas
of oversight include; supplies, furnishings, screening of volunteers, training, security check-in and retrieval of children, emergency and evacuation procedures, first-aid and CPR training, and annual ministry budget.
- Programming – Work with paid and volunteer staff to reach out to children at Kindred and in the community through both the Sunday Service hours (Sunday School, Kid’s Church) and special events and programs (Vacation Bible School, Fall Fest,
Parent Date Night, etc…)
- Pastoral Care - Offer pastoral care for children and families of KCC. This may include hospital visitation, counseling, family interventions, baptisms, etc.
- Masters Degree (or the equivalent) from an Evangelical Seminary. Studies in Christian Education helpful.
- Five Years experience in leadership of a growing children’s ministry.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Strong relational and team building skills.
- Strong written and personal communication skills.
- Clear Biblical philosophy of ministry to children and families.
- Theological agreement with KCC doctrinal statement.
- Exemplary marriage.
- Teaching gifts.
- Mature believer whose character and lifestyle are in conformity to the qualities found in 1 Timothy 3.