Pastor of Worship
Church Description: Kindred Community Church (KCC) is a growing, 11-year-old church in Anaheim Hills currently ministering to 1300 every Sunday. KCC blends style and content from a number of Christian traditions. Our worship is distinctly
Trinitarian focusing on God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) through a contemporary style.
VISION: We exist to glorify God by making and maturing disciples of Jesus Christ throughout the World.
MISSION: We are a great commission and great commandment church.
Position Description: KCC is looking for a Worship Leader to bring spiritual depth, energy, direction, consistency, theology, and variety to the music at our Sunday morning worship service. – A 40 hr position.
The position requires that the Worship Leader:
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ, agreeable with the beliefs of KCC;
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Be proficient on guitar and/or piano and able to play a variety of styles of worship music;
- Have the verbal and musical ability to segue between songs, weaving them together and providing musical interludes at appropriate times for worship;
- Fit well into KCC’s ministry team, bringing his own gifts and capabilities to the team;
- Possess the musical capability to arrange, teach, and train volunteer musicians, as KCC enjoys significant lay-involvement in all areas of the church, including music;
- Make KCC his church home, participating in the community, shepherd groups, and activities of KCC on a consistent basis.
- Use pastoral leadership to build up people and teams to lead worship at Kindred.
- Have theological training.
The position prefers that the Worship Leader:
- Have 5+ years experience leading worship and a working knowledge of audio equipment typical for Sunday morning setup (e.g., microphones, monitors, sound board);
- Be prepared to hold a substantive rehearsal time (weekly);
- Maintain a broad repertoire of music from hymnody to current sounds/styles;
- Hold a bachelor’s of arts in music and a seminary education.
Typical Weekly Duties
- Regular Weekly staff meeting.
- Selection of set list for Sunday and production of lyrics and music to musicians by Wednesday of each week;
- Rehearse with musicians, bands, ensembles, and seasonal choirs.
- Lead Sunday congregational musical worship (multiple services).
- Pastoral care and discipleship of the worship team.
- Pursue and develop more musicians for involvement in the worship ministry, including all other music ministries at Kindred Community Church.
- Oversee all other special services and events (funerals, celebrations, special gatherings, etc.).
Please send resume, a brief philosophy of worship, as well as audio/video samples to MattS@kindredchurch.org