JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION DIRECTOR
Working under the supervision of the Worship Director, this position provides the Audio, Visual & Lighting support for all events and worship services. The Production Director will need to be someone that has the ability to build and lead the volunteer
weekend Production Team, establish and maintain serving schedules, recruit and train new volunteers, and evaluate performance of volunteer production team members. This position will also serve as technical producer on weekends, remain proficient on technical
and production equipment, maintain all technical equipment, and assist with stage sets and designs.
About Rivers Crossing Community Church:
We exist to give people an opportunity to be fully engaged followers of Christ. No matter where someone is on their journey, we desire to see them moving closer to the life that God has planned for them. We recognize that everyone’s pursuit of God is unique
and no system or seven-point plan will work for everyone. Be it someone’s first time in a faith community or a life long follower of Christ, we are committed to see them become fully engaged in their faith.
As this plays out, our vision is that we will be a community of ordinary people seeking extraordinary lives. No spiritual superstars, no one who has arrived, just ordinary, common people seeing their lives impacted as we learn what it means to follow Jesus.
??In the end, we hope we can experience the sentiments expressed in Acts 4:13 “When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus”
Rivers Crossing started 6 ½ years ago in a basement in suburbia Cincinnati with the desire to see people have the opportunity to become fully engaged followers of Christ. God has truly blessed the heart for seeing lost people know the love and grace of
their savior. We are a multi-campus church averaging over 1,300 people in worship each week. In 2013 we celebrated as 300 people made a decision to follow Christ and 150 people took the step of obedience to be baptized.
Renovations at our Rivers Crossing campus will begin in August with our new 900-1,000 seat adult worship auditorium set to open in late 2014. The Production Director will be a key team member in our transition from our current adult worship venues to the
newly renovated space.
- Build and lead four volunteer teams (FOH audio, video, computer and lighting teams) to serve as the weekend Production Team, guiding them with excellence toward the goal of creating a worship environment that un-churched people like to attend. Regularly
casts vision to the Production Team helping them to understand their part on the team and encouraging them to be continually improving and working through challenges.
- Establish a clear plan for the production team
- Define the vision for the team.
- Define wins for the team and each individual volunteer position.
- Maintain communication with leadership and volunteers.
- Coordinate staff/volunteers for weekend services and events.
- Sets clear expectations for creative teams by creating job descriptions for all positions.
- Perform required administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in the planning and purchasing of new A/V/L equipment for campus.
- Maintaining and repairing technical and production equipment.
- Oversee production needs for all events and services.
- Proficient on all technical and production equipment.
- Assist in the design and build out of set designs.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, equipment & purchases.
- Manage the department budget and plan spending.
- Recruitment, train and develop volunteers on a regular basis.
- Assist other areas in the church in troubleshooting A/V/L issues as directed by Worship Director.
- Team Builder- Must be able to develop teams who will help create.
- Proactive- Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the creative teams and the creativity of Rivers Crossing.
- Communicator- Able to communicate confidently and concisely with people. Can clearly communicate vision and expectations to volunteers.
- Efficient- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to Detail- Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Disciplined- Able to live by a set schedule and order as well as creating order for others.
- Big Picture - To be in a place where you are simply overseeing the volunteer teams that you’ve developed for the five creative teams. Leading with vision and character.
- Must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Reports to the Director of Worship.
- Hours: 20 per week to be worked:
- Required Sunday mornings 5-6 hours and Thursday nights 2-3 hours.
- Preferred Tuesday mornings 3-4 hours.
- Onsite flexible schedule 7-8 hours.
- To apply email your resume to Carey Sumner, Executive Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.