Gifts & Abilities:
Gifted to lead a variety of ages in engaging and relevant worship with voice, keyboard and/or guitar.
Passionate about relating to and pastoring middle and high school students.
Ability to love students and adults unconditionally and authentically.
Worship Leader Responsibilities
- Supervise worship for all services
- Be available to lead worship at Sunday services and special events, funerals, weddings, field days, worship nights, prayer nights, etc.
- Coordinate elements of worship with Teaching/Outreach Pastor
- Organize songs for each week including, order, slides, introducing new songs
- Schedule and lead practices for worship team including separate rehearsal times for those who can’t make regular rehearsal
- Secure and train volunteers for worship team
- Provide spiritual mentoring and accountability for worship team
- Be ever looking for new ways to grow personally and corporately in the leading of the body, both in music style and song choices.
- Supervise volunteers to assist with the Sound Board and Video Recording
- Train volunteers, identify a leader and work side by side with them to coordinate the rest of the volunteers
- Care and maintenance of all equipment:
- Run through and make sure everything is clean, operating normally, troubleshoot and fix if needed
- Have a working knowledge of entire system
- Purchase new equipment if needed
- Set up and tear down when services are outdoors or other locations and youth events when service is transferred to the fellowship hall and then back again
Youth Pastor Responsibilities
- Provide and actively participate in High School and Middle School Ministry and related small groups/studies
- Prepare and deliver Bible message and program activities to high school and middle school students at weekly meetings
- Secure, train and supervise enough volunteers to assist with all youth programming
- Work with Teaching/Outreach Pastor to involve youth in special events
- Supervise all Youth budget financial activities
- Attend elder meetings for youth and worship team
- Attend all-staff meetings and functions
- Be available to fill the pulpit in the absence or as requested by Teaching/Outreach Pastor
- Other duties as assigned