Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. At present Sun Valley has three campuses located in Gilbert, Tempe and Casa Grande with a total weekend attendance of 5,000 and was recently named by Outreach Magazine as one
of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Gilbert Campus is the original and largest campus with over 3,500 in weekly average attendance. Sun Valley believes deeply that the role of the Staff is to equip the church to be the church and utilize
the gifts of volunteers for ministry. Currently the Preteen Ministry averages more than 150 5th & 6th grade students and operates with a team of 60 student/adult volunteers.
The Preteen Pastor will empower teams of volunteers to develop effective ministry to Preteens and their families. This person will develop systems and structures in alignment with the church’s ministry, vision, values, strategies, and philosophy.
This person will be a team player with the entire Gilbert team and the rest of our campuses. This person will develop a ministry that reaches the lost, leads them to Christ, establishes them in their faith, equips them to serve, and reproduces leaders. This
person will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Have full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000 in a similar role with a track record of above average ministry growth.
- Agree/Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Be teachable, consistently growing as a leader and a follower.
- Have a degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Have a real calling to Preteen ministry (not settling for Preteen ministry or using it as a stepping stone for future ministry).
- Passionately pursue godly and healthy relationships with Preteen Students and their parents.
- Implement the Sun Valley strategy of helping students meet, know, and follow Jesus through outreach events, weekend environments, small groups, and serving.
- Develop successful outreach events that draw in preteens from the community and lead them to Christ.
- Equip preteens to discover/develop/deploy their gifts/abilities to serve the church/community.
- Empower preteens to reach their peers/impact the community/develop a heart of the world.
- Evaluate all events on their purpose and effectiveness.
- Build a culture of leadership that empowers adult volunteers to develop a ministry of excellence to Preteen Students and their families as well as develop and empower student leaders within the ministry.
- Provide oversight to the annual Preteen Ministry budget.
- Work with the Student Ministry Team from all campuses to develop a vision and strategy for accomplishing the goals of the Preteen Ministry.
- Participate in regular coaching, monthly training/reporting and annual job performance reviews/evaluations.
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod at email@example.com