Church Mission: Internally vibrant and externally focused.
Ministry Area: Grades 6 through college age
Position Purpose: To lead our team of staff and volunteers in shepherding middle school through college age students into a life changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Bonhomme Student Ministries exists to develop a missional community rich in fellowship, committed to serving and encouraging our youth and their families, that they might be transformed into disciples of Jesus Christ, equipping them to serve others with
- Responsible for the student ministries of Bonhomme Presbyterian Church and directing the implementation of its mission.
- Develop and lead programs according to Bonhomme’s mission to be internally vibrant and externally focused. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Build and maintain a Christ-centered relationship with youth
- Organize and lead the paid youth ministry staff
- Recruit, train and disciple the volunteer leaders
- Build and maintain quality partnerships with parents
- Oversee Sunday morning programs
- Plan and run weekly outreach activities and small groups
- Oversee confirmation
- Plan meaningful retreats and mission events
- Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services and activities.
The position of Director of Student Ministries requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. This is a full time salaried position and while the salary is based upon a projected 40 hours per week, the actual number
of hours required during any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Furthermore it is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year.
Since the Director of Student Ministries plays a major role in the faith development of the younger members of the church, both as a leader and an example, it is expected that this professional leader will have a solid understanding of the foundations of
the Christian faith. It is also expected that the Director of Student Ministries will generate new ideas and programs, is an innovator and a person who values a team concept of ministry. Therefore, the following qualifications are required:
- College graduate with a minimum of three years leading a student ministries program as a full-time paid staff member of a church
- Spiritual gift of leadership
- Effective communicator with students, parents, volunteers and staff
- Ability to grow a positive vibrant Christian culture
- Strong administrative skills