Believers Church, a rapidly growing contemporary, non-denominational church located in Chesapeake, VA (near VA Beach, VA) with a weekly attendance of 1,200+ is looking for a Business and Finance Director.
The right person will have a strong commitment to and a history of involvement in the local church. If you have a solid financial background (from oversight, forecasting, budgeting etc.) and are able to oversee all financial aspects of a growing church (including
but not limited to compensation, insurance, facility) . Must have experience working with and leading multiple staff members and teams of volunteers. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a growing leader and follower of Jesus and have the ability to
get along with anyone!
While this person does not need to be a pastor, there ARE ministry aspects to the job.
1. Strong Financial/Business background
2. Strong People and Management Skills
3. Trustworthiness and Confidentiality
7. Communications – written and verbal
9. Ability to quickly learn internal database software and other applications
10. Positive Attitude
Only resumes accompanied with a Cover Letter will be considered. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- What experience do you have managing business and finance?
- What experience do you have in working/volunteering in a local church?
- What do you believe makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Send resume and cover letter to: PJS@BelieversChurch.org
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Schedule and Supervise Non-Programming Staff & Volunteers
- Direct oversight of Treasurer & Office Manager
- Facilitate preparation and management of appropriate budgets
- Develop, conduct, and oversee staff & volunteer training as needed
- Work closely with Senior Management Team (SMT) on Human Resources-related issues.
- Oversee all aspects of Human Resources including: compensation administration, employee relations, benefits administration, new hires and terminations, exit interview process, etc.
- Perform or oversee all financial functions, including banking, accounting, reporting, deposits, and communications on financial matters with staff, elders, congregation members, payroll service, financial institutions, and independent audit firm.
- Initiate annual budget preparation. Track budget with department heads throughout the year.
- Retain copies of and have familiarity with all insurance policies as well as obtaining certificates of insurance where required.
- Ensure proper policies are in place and in compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Responsible for reviewing and approval of binding contracts, and if necessary negotiation of contracts, payment terms, etc.
- Manage Building & Grounds Maintenance
- Schedule and Supervise Custodial Staff (contracted or otherwise)
- Ensure all service and maintenance contracts are properly accounted for and that the contracted work is being performed, including those for HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, safety, and security systems.
- Schedule all lawn and facility maintenance (contracted or otherwise)
- Maintain a safe environment to meet all fire and safety regulations, including the use of machinery and chemicals.
- Oversee Benevolence and Financial Coaching Ministry
- Provide administrative oversight to the Stewardship System
- Schedule periodic financial coaching classes for members, attenders, and the community (Financial Peace, etc.)