Forest Hills Baptist Church, founded in 1945, is a 600+ member congregation located in Raleigh, North Carolina, in close proximity to North Carolina State University and Meredith College. The church is a diverse and international community, sharing its
campus with three international churches (Chinese, African and Farsi). Forest Hills will be launching a contemporary service in the fall of 2014.
The person filling this position will be the primary worship leader for the contemporary service, responsible for selecting music and overall design of each service, midweek rehearsals, and meeting weekly with the Senior Pastor to help plan worship. This
person will recruit, develop and inspire the praise band/worship teams (possibly including one or two paid instrumentalists). Additionaly, in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, they will create meaningful worship experiences around the annual Christian
calendar of holidays such as Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, etc.
This is a part time position, with 12-15 hours per week expected.
- Must have strong leadership/team building skills, and an ability to sing, play guitar and/or keyboard.
- Must be technically competent with lighting and sound use for worship services.
- Must possess a theology of worship that is biblical, Christ-centered and Spirit-directed.
- Must have a strong personal devotional life.
Additional Skills/Qualifications That Would Be Helpful
- Prior contemporary worship leadership experience
- College degree from an accredited college or university
- Current ministerial credentials from a recognized accredited organization, and/or theological training.
This position reports directly to the Associate Pastor for Seeking Christ with oversight from the Senior Pastor.
Please send a resume' and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief, recent video clip or link of you leading worship.