This position is open to Part-Time or Full-Time depending on the candidate.
Praise Team Leader Job Description
The Director of Praise Worship shall have the oversight of the praise services and other aspects of worship at Adventure Christian Church. (This does not include our traditional worship service at 9:00 a.m. on Sundays)
The Music Program is defined as ministry through vocal or instrumental music for the good of the worship services, or the other programs of the church.
Duties include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- HELP COORDINATE THE SATURDAY NIGHT WORSHIP SERVICE.
(Presently practice begins at 4 pm on Saturday)
(This list is not in any particular order of importance. It’s all important)
1. Find and train additional volunteer musicians and singers for the Saturday and Sunday Worship Ministry Team (presently instruments & small praise choir).
Always be on the lookout for new people to serve, those who are Christians or seekers.
2. Constantly seek to bring in new songs, new ideas, new methods
3. Be ready to distribute printed music sheets for instrumentalists.
4. Assist in implementation of improvements to our computer, projection, sound, or other technology programs to be used in worship service.
5. Help plan special music/skits/prayers/scriptures, etc., in writing by beginning of month.
6. Prepare a written guide to PA operators each week for unusual events in the service.
7. Help to develop innovative Easter, Christmas, and other special day programs
8. Our PA and video operators are your staff, so be prepared to direct them
9. Help evaluate effectiveness and give ongoing suggestions for improvements to the program
10. Help with our High School and Middle School Praise Worship program on Wed p.m.’s, and other times as well. We have great kids…some good musicians…but
they need direction.
B. OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
1. Keep regular office hours as agreed upon by the Senior Minster.
2. Arrive promptly and with clothing appropriate for the day’s work. (Casual clothing is typically fine)
3. Attend staff meetings (Currently on Tuesday a.m.’s) Be involved in leadership decisions made.
4. Provide any music news for the bulletins or monthly newsletter.
5. Participate in seminars or sources for new ideas, songs, methods.
7. Oversee your portion of the Music Budget - keep the spending on target.
8. Oversee the Special Events Budget - help plan and keep the spending on target. Special Events are defined as Christmas, Easter &/or Children’s Musicals.
9. Be present at each Worship Service. Help with the services, as needed, such as:
a. announce the theme of the weekend
b. lead music, play an instrument - practice enough that this flows smoothly
c. help coordinate musical practices, get CD’s onto minidisk, write instructions
d. help with computer preparation or technology necessary for various services
e. help plan or prepare videos, skits, or other presentations
f. help plan schedules for various worship jobs, special prayers, scriptures
10. Be transparent - music reports (blessings or challenges) to elders and/or staff.
11. Be willing to take direction from senior minister or elders.
12. Be willing to consider music duties for the academy in the future - this would be for extra remuneration.
Please note: this is the job description at present for the Praise Team Worship Leader, but responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned.
SPIRITUAL CHARACTERISTICS OF ADVENTURE CHRISTIAN’S WORSHIP LEADER:
Doctrinally pure, know and love the Word
Life dedicated to worship leading
High-quality voice, able to lead people to a “throne room experience”
Excellent with relationships
People person, team player, servant-oriented, not ego-oriented
Able to create high energy in all kinds of worship
Contemporary, blended, and classic hymn style worship
Power Point, Media Shout, Planning Center, music notation programs, video creation and editing
Personality strong enough to carry out tough decisions tactfully
Experienced in leading Praise Teams, including mix of instruments, etc.
Capable of leading all aspects of Christmas or Easter Programs
Organizational skills. That is, the ability to set up a team in advance of every worship service, stay in communication with them, etc.
Agree with our core values as outlined on our website: http://acc.adventurechristian.com/#/home/who-we-are
LESS ESSENTIAL (but desirable) QUALITIES:
Play guitar (preferable) and/or keyboard
Be able to write orchestration for other instruments to join in worship, or at least lead other instruments in practice from purchased music
Experience and good ability with choirs
Able to write original music and words
Drama skills - able to direct, or possibly write, programs or skits for Special Events