We are an Assemblies of God church located in Mechanicsville VA. (just outside of Richmond) in search of a Children’s Pastor to oversee and direct our thriving and growing Children's Ministry.
The Pastor of Children's Ministry will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Duties will include:
Lead Children's Ministries.
Help shape and implement a shared vision and strategy to grow and strengthen Children's Ministries in alignment with the vision of the church.
Manage Children's Ministry.
Strategize, plan, delegate, recruit volunteers, and manage budget, ensuring that the vision is implemented effectively and appropriately.
Oversee Ministry Portfolio. (plus other pastoral responsibilities):
- God’s Garden
- 3&4 year-olds’ children’s church during main service on Sunday
- God’s Song
- Sunday School class for disabled children, especially children with autism
- Junior KIDS Church
- Kindergarten and First Grade, during main service on Sunday
- KIDS Church
- Second to 5th Grade children church during main service
- 36 months and younger
- Equip parents to be spiritual leaders of their children through Sunday school classes, family retreats, Core classes, creating resources, and other creative and biblically relevant concepts.
Education & Theology
-The Pastor of Children's Ministries will require a degree in teaching or children's ministries or equivalent ministry experience.
-The candidate will be a licensed minister and have a theological base shaped by evangelical theology and can agree with the church's doctrinal statement.
-The candidate should have experience in a multiple staff church setting, with a minimum of 3 years ministry experience
For more information about Mechanicsville Christian Center please visit our web site at www.mccag.org
Submit resume to: Carolyn Clark email: email@example.com