Orchards Community Church is looking for a man after God’s heart, called to preach, lead, model and disciple through a Senior Pastor position. We are seeking a person with the humility, gifting, experience, education and vision to lead an established church into an expanded ministry appropriate for the community and culture of the Lewis-Clark Valley.
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Reports to: Ministry Council
Directly Supervises: Executive Pastor
Key Relationships: Ministry Council, Executive Pastor, OCC Staff
- Primary shepherd and teacher of Orchards Community Church. This individual, in concert with the Ministry Council and OCC staff, provides the leadership, voice, and delegation of a strategy to successfully carry out OCC’s mission of “Making Fully Devoted Followers of Christ” to the leadership team, congregation, the OCC community, and beyond.
- A strongly gifted teacher of the Bible that gives wisdom, insight, and leadership to the discipleship process. The Senior Pastor will be an effective communicator who is able to present the truth of God’s word in a way that is inspired, powerful, relevant, understandable, relatable, applicable, and grace-based.
- Lead by empowering, inspiring and guiding the staff leadership team and other OCC leaders and influencers; able to leverage and empower talented individuals.
- Work with the Ministry Council to discern, cast, and lead a faithful vision and strategy of Kingdom impact throughout the OCC congregation and into its communities of influence. Set culture and empower/inspire the leadership team to carry out the vision and strategy. Set teaching and ministry priorities, in harmony with the doctrinal position of Orchards Community Church, and gain/enlist support from the Ministry Council and other OCC leaders.
- Personally model a culture of evangelism of introducing and building others in relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a commitment and support of both local and global missions and outreach.
- Attract, mentor, and guide current and emerging leaders to grow the church – spiritually, relationally and numerically.
- Love the Lord Jesus Christ, the people of Orchards Community Church, and the people of the Lewis-Clark valley.
- Work closely with the worship team in planning and implementation of weekly services. Provide vision, direction, and communication for the overall worship and preaching calendar.
- Love and support the congregation and surrounding community through the traditional pastoral duties of officiating weddings, memorial services, counseling, and prayer.
- Demonstrate and build others toward prayerfulness.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A deep, mature, and developed Christian faith that embraces and supports the core beliefs of Orchards Community Church.
- Broad abilities to reach and attract individuals from many walks of life; generational, cultural, racial, economically, and otherwise diverse.
- Possesses a high level of “emotional intelligence” (EQ) - able to navigate complex relationships in ways people feel heard, appreciated, challenged, and valued.
- Relational and approachable; a team builder and equipper, yet able to challenge individuals to excellence.
- Experience and vision for using small groups as a discipleship method.
- Management and professional qualities which are attractive to emerging leaders, creating a culture where others can see the potential for bringing their gifts and aspirations to serve the Lord from within the OCC community.
- Quality Bible education, pastoral credentials, and a track record, as well as further potential, to lead Orchards Community Church into the next season of its God-directed mission.
- Master’s degree in a Biblical area of study (M.Div, Th.M, or higher) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years full-time ministry experience
- Exhibits the Biblical qualities of Eldership.
Copy and paste these URLs into your browser
to download a brief questionnaire, church profile and Position Description. Forward your resume and completed questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/12/14.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
Senior PastorImpact Community Church
- Rock Hill, South Carolina
- January 13
JupiterFIRST Church - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jupiter, Florida
- January 13
Lead PastorLife Church
- Canton, Michigan
- January 12
Orchards Community Church
Orchards Community Church is a nondenominational, inter-generational group of people with a wide variety of occupations and "religious" backgrounds (including no "religion" at all) who find our unity in the Lord Jesus and our common commitment to "make spiritually seeking people into fully-devoted followers of Christ". We are committed to being Christ-like, desire to be growing and seeking His truth on a daily basis and hope that you will be able to follow up this virtual visit with a personal visit to a worship service. More...