The Communications Manager contributes to the ministry of Coast Hills through providing leadership and project management in all areas of communications and marketing with a focus on story-telling and an end goal of seeing people become transforming disciples
This position works closely with pastors, staff and key volunteers to develop communication strategies, manage day-to-day communications as well as to implement program and event rollouts.
- To provide oversight for major communications throughout the church utilizing accurate and excellent written and verbal skills to craft all-church communications while consistently articulating the vision and mission and ethos of Coast Hills.
- Develop, guide and implement the strategy for all communication media including social media, the website, church app, publications, signage, marketing media, advertising and public relation messages.
- Develop an annual ministry action plan for communications in collaboration with the church’s ministry and leadership team.
- Work with all ministries to tell stories of transformation in any and all effective forms
- Manage and maintain effective relationships within the community.
- Conduct research and analyze trends and adapt communication strategies accordingly.
- Develop, oversee and equip a team of Communications volunteers (including but not limited to: photographers, graphic designers, environmental, etc.)
- Work with appropriate ministry teams in setting priorities, goals and schedules for communication calendar including:
- Verbal weekend announcements
- Requests for weekend service promotions (video, interview, special promo)
- Weekly bulletin
- Special promotional requests (email, etc.)
- Oversee and coordinate all church master calendar
- Oversee annual Communications budget
- Coordinate vendor relationships when appropriate.
- Oversee all graphic design for weekend services and Adult Life
- Work closely with all other ministry areas to meet graphic and web design needs
- Design and implement graphics as needed throughout all ministries (working with and/or through key volunteers, contractors, other staff, etc)
- Ensure all design follows appropriate brand style guidelines and other standards
- Works with team to manage the planning, design, writing, approval and pre-press production of marketing/communications materials, including all church collateral, event promotion pieces, social media content, etc.
- Work with ministry departments to facilitate planning and creating strategies, tactics, activities and materials for the purpose of conveying the most effective marketing messages.
- Ensure that marketing materials position the church and its ministries effectively
- Devise creative PR strategies to create awareness in local community
- Develop and execute PR strategies to increase attendance at events
- Oversees, maintains and upgrades the design and content of the church website continually seeking new opportunities to improve its effectiveness.
- Oversee all website development, content management and day-to-day operations
- Ensure all information on sites is up to date, accurate and grammatically correct
- Serve as primary point person for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other relevant social media sites
- Develop creative methods of utilizing social media to further the message and vision of Coast Hills
- Gather and present statistics and analytics to maximize effectiveness of web presence and all social media vehicles