The Communications Manager contributes to the ministry of Coast Hills through providing leadership and project management in all areas of communications and marketing with a focus on story-telling and an end goal of seeing people become transforming disciples of Jesus.
This position works closely with pastors, staff and key volunteers to develop communication strategies, manage day-to-day communications as well as to implement program and event rollouts.
- To provide oversight for major communications throughout the church utilizing accurate and excellent written and verbal skills to craft all-church communications while consistently articulating the vision and mission and ethos of Coast Hills.
- Develop, guide and implement the strategy for all communication media including social media, the website, church app, publications, signage, marketing media, advertising and public relation messages.
- Develop an annual ministry action plan for communications in collaboration with the church’s ministry and leadership team.
- Work with all ministries to tell stories of transformation in any and all effective forms
- Manage and maintain effective relationships within the community.
- Conduct research and analyze trends and adapt communication strategies accordingly.
- Develop, oversee and equip a team of Communications volunteers (including but not limited to: photographers, graphic designers, environmental, etc.)
- Work with appropriate ministry teams in setting priorities, goals and schedules for communication calendar including:
- Verbal weekend announcements
- Requests for weekend service promotions (video, interview, special promo)
- Weekly bulletin
- Special promotional requests (email, etc.)
- Oversee and coordinate all church master calendar
- Oversee annual Communications budget
- Coordinate vendor relationships when appropriate.
- Oversee all graphic design for weekend services and Adult Life
- Work closely with all other ministry areas to meet graphic and web design needs
- Design and implement graphics as needed throughout all ministries (working with and/or through key volunteers, contractors, other staff, etc)
- Ensure all design follows appropriate brand style guidelines and other standards
- Works with team to manage the planning, design, writing, approval and pre-press production of marketing/communications materials, including all church collateral, event promotion pieces, social media content, etc.
- Work with ministry departments to facilitate planning and creating strategies, tactics, activities and materials for the purpose of conveying the most effective marketing messages.
- Ensure that marketing materials position the church and its ministries effectively
- Devise creative PR strategies to create awareness in local community
- Develop and execute PR strategies to increase attendance at events
- Oversees, maintains and upgrades the design and content of the church website continually seeking new opportunities to improve its effectiveness.
- Oversee all website development, content management and day-to-day operations
- Ensure all information on sites is up to date, accurate and grammatically correct
- Serve as primary point person for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other relevant social media sites
- Develop creative methods of utilizing social media to further the message and vision of Coast Hills
- Gather and present statistics and analytics to maximize effectiveness of web presence and all social media vehicles
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18