Grace Church places a high value on the corporate and private worship experience of its participants. The role of the Pastor of Music & Worship Arts is to equip and lead the congregation in a meaningful worship experience which continues beyond their corporate
worship on Sunday morning.
General Role Description:
- Team with the Senior Pastor to plan corporate worship by choosing music, Scripture, and other creative elements that will help facilitate spiritually engaging and God-exalting worship experiences.
- Personally lead the Praise Teams and participate in worship services.
- Oversee and coordinate Praise Teams, Projection Team, Sound Team, as well as all other elements necessary for the production of corporate worship events.
- Identify, train and utilize quality leadership from the congregation in music and other worship arts.
- Organize and oversee soloists, ensembles, choirs and other types of music in corporate worship.
- Use the musical talents of Grace Church as an outreach tool.
- In addition to serving in the area of music/worship arts, this person will also make intentional investments in the overall spiritual lives of those who serve in worship ministries.
- The Pastor of Music & Worship Arts will not only be concerned with musical excellence to God’s glory but will realize that God looks first at the heart, and will seek to develop his team as a group of authentic worshippers themselves before they seek to
lead others in worship.
- As a part of the pastoral team, the Pastor of Music and Worship Arts will also share in other ministry responsibilities such as teaching, counseling, multi-media, etc.
- First and foremost, he will profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and demonstrate the fruit of a Spirit-controlled life.
- He will be a man who displays spiritual maturity as outlined in 1Timothy 3, Titus 1 and 1 Peter 5.
- He will be a man who consistently displays godly character and leadership demonstrated in his interaction with the congregation, in his relationships with the pastoral team/staff and at home. He must be willing to acknowledge personal weaknesses, demonstrating
humility by a desire for continued personal growth.
- He will teach and lead the congregation by example as a true, authentic worshipper himself. His inner spiritual life reflected in a lifestyle of worship will be his primary qualification to lead his team and the congregation as a whole.
- He will be a godly, servant leader with strong biblical and theological understanding who, as a good manager and communicator, can contribute to the church’s larger mission beyond his specific worship ministry. He will have skill and experience as a team
builder who will mentor and empower others to grow.
- He will be a man who loves and enjoys people. He will exhibit a shepherd’s heart in his concern for and interest in the congregation.
- If not already ordained, be willing to pursue the process of ordination
- Ability to lead people into worship.
- Strong vocal skills.
- Experience with or oversight of musicians, ensembles, worship teams, choir and drama.
- Understanding of and ability to explain musical theory as it applies to worship environments.
- Proficiency in reading music and skilled at playing one or more instruments suitable for leading a praise team and congregation in song.
- Knowledge of audio systems and related technical operations.
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse congregation and in all age groups.
- Possess administrative capabilities in planning, organizational skills, and effective communication.
- Believe, affirm and accept the doctrinal statement of Grace Church. http://www.gracenormal.org/about-us/doctrinal-statement/
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree that includes Bible and music/worship arts classes and training.
Experience in and/or willingness to lead worship that includes modern, contemporary and traditional genres