Designs, develops,executes and manages effective discipleship strategies that cultivate youth and equips them as they transition into college, military, work force and young adulthood. Develops and implements the mission and vision of the youth ministry,
encouraging and nurturing the youth of the church and surrounding communities as well as their families. Explore different ways to keep youth motivated and involved in the church and their schools. Manage administrative/support staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing youth services and programs.
- Extensive experience working with elementary, middle and high school youth, particularly high/at-risk populations.
- Successful experience working collaboratively with schools to provide educational services, counseling or other direct services to students.
- Knowledge of current research and practical approaches to implementing mentoring programs and methods of improving the academic and personal skills of secondary students.
- Knowledge of state and local agencies and organizations participating in prevention activities and programs.
- Excellent knowledge of the Bible in order to effectively preach, teach and counsel.
- Capable of creating and executing a long term vision for the youth ministry.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated leader and creative problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work cooperatively and effectively with individuals and groups.
- Highly skilled in computer applications such as word, excel, power point.
- Ability to use social media to effectively communicate with youth and parents.
- Professional presence and appearance.
Must be a licensed or ordained Christian minister.
Bachelor's degree in theology or its equivalent in a related field.
Minimum five years of experience working with youth in a Mega church environment.
Four to five years of supervisory and paid staff experience in a christian ministry a plus.
Some experience working with an urban ministry.