Director, Children’s Ministry
Purpose: To ensure the effective operation and ministry of the Children’s Ministry Department, including Mothers’ Morning Out, which covers the ages from infant to Fifth Grade.
Accountability: This position is accountable to the Session through the Staff Committee, with the Associate Pastor, Christian Education serving as immediate supervisor and the Executive Director overseeing administrative functions. Children’s Ministry programs will be performed as approved by the Children’s Sub-Committee and the Christian Education Committee.
Profile: These are the attitudes, attributes and characteristics expected of all First Presbyterian Church staff members. Those called to serve as staff members are expected to have:
- A passion for the glory of God and a personal and growing commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A commitment to the transformation of lives through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A sense of call to excellence in Christian ministry and service;
- A commitment to First Presbyterian Church and the advancement of its ministry;
- A commitment to the theological distinctives of the Reformed Faith;
- A respect for the church’s history and traditions, with the courage to embrace change;
- A commitment to the components of the current Strategic Plan for the church;
- A willingness to work within the framework of the church’s polity and procedures;
- A willing heart, teachable spirit and positive attitude;
- A team ministry commitment which places the good of the whole over individual goals;
- An appreciation for working collaboratively with staff and church members;
- Integrity, humility, flexibility, and a sense of humor;
- A professional approach and appearance.
Qualifications and Prerequisites
- Required Bachelor Degree
- Preferably in Christian Education. Extra plus for emphasis in Children’s Ministry.
- Minimum: 3 years in Children’s Ministry
- Desired: previous Director of Children’s Ministry with subordinate staff
- Desired: previous departmental management and supervision
- Desired: recruitment and supervision of volunteers.
- CRP and First Aid
- Strong Christian and extensive church involvement. Preferably Presbyterian.
- Avows to Essential Tenets of ECO
- Willing to become a member of First Presbyterian Church
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Children’s Sub-Committee, the Christian Education (CE) Committee, and the Associate Pastor, Christian Education formulate, implement, and maintain a cohesive curriculum with benchmarks for different age groups within this ministry.
- Manage and supervise all staff and volunteers of the Children’s Ministry and MMO.
- Perform performance reviews of all departmental staff, annually and quarterly.
- Initiate all communications and publications relating to the Children’s Ministry and coordinate with Communications Department.
- Train and enable the ministry team and volunteers to train children in all aspects of worship, music, praise and prayer.
- Ensure the safety and security of the children and employees.
- Work hands-on to run the specific part of the ministry assigned to the Director.
- Recruit and organize volunteers for children’s ministry; lead classes and facilitate volunteer groups.
- Ensure teaching materials for all classes are prepared and in classrooms, as required.
- Attend all Staff Meetings (Department Head, Ministry Staff, and Full Staff).
- Report monthly on the operations, progress, and plans to the Associate Pastor, Christian and the Executive Director.
- Present annual budget details for approval of the Associate Pastor, Christian Education, Finance Director, and the Finance Committee.
- Operate the department within the budget or other budgetary parameters, as approved by the Finance Committee.
- Participate in Strategic Planning and other planning activities to ensure the constructive growth of the ministry.
- Ensure adherence to all state, local, and federal regulations.
- Ensure all church policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform other such duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor, Christian Education and/or the Executive Director.
Performance and Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted by the Associate Pastor, Christian Education with oversight by the Executive Director. Performance will be evaluated on several factors including overall fit and aptitude, effectiveness of performing job responsibilities, and measured results against goals based on the current Strategic Plan.
Requirements and Benefits:
- Full-time, salaried position
- Benefits: Eligible for all benefits as prescribed by policy
- Conferences: Two per year, as pre-approved by supervisor.
- Reimbursement of approved ministry expenses;
- Church cell phone
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
First Presbyterian Church
As a church, our vision is Growing Faithful Christians. This is why we exist and what we seek to be about. Our greatest passion is seeing people discover the transforming love of Jesus Christ, then growing in that love to become faithful followers of the Lord. We believe our ministries effectively encourage people of all ages to grow in their faith and meaningfully participate in the life of this wonderful Christian community.More...