This is an interim position for 6 to 12 months.
The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministries. Specifically, the Children’s Ministries
Director is responsible for providing leadership to the Children’s Ministries (CM) Committee including Sunday School (Nursery-6th grade), VBS, and Childcare.
Essential Job Functions
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for Children’s Ministries in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, Children’s Ministries Committee and Diaconate.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM staff.
- Sets direction and trains CM staff and volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of CM staff and volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations (e.g.: check-in).
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing of CM (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM in cooperation with the church’s safety and security team.
- Oversee and implement all programming for CM (primarily for Sunday School [Nursery-6th], Kids ROCK, Kids Connection, Kidz Club, Holiday activities, Date Night, Mom’s Day Out).
- Coordinate family events and camps for CM parents and families.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required
- Minimum of 2 years student ministry experience