About Valley Bible Church:
We are a well-established multi-ethnic, Bible teaching, non-denominational church that is known in our region with an average weekly attendance of 1,400. Our Sunday services are intentionally programmed to welcome people into the presence of God through
biblical teaching and worship. We are conservative in theology, yet we place a high value on authentic, engaging and expressive worship that positions us to hear from God through the preaching and teaching of His Word.
Position: Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministries
Department: Children’s Ministry
Supervisor: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports: Children’s Ministry Staff and Volunteers
Compensation: This is a full-time position (45+ hours per week with health benefits and retirement package). Salary is established based on qualifications and experience.
Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministries Description:
The purpose of this full-time position is to minister to the children and those involved in children’s ministries and to give leadership to the recruiting, equipping, shepherding and supervising of leaders for the variety of ministries to the children (nursery
to 5th grade) of Valley Bible Church.
The Pastor/Director of Children's Ministries will lead team-oriented ministry to children that implements exciting and creative environments where kids join in the mission of leading people in the adventure of becoming like Christ. Our next Pastor of Children's
Ministry is a kid's ministry enthusiast who loves remaining current on the applicable advancements in children's ministry programs, strategy and technology. The Pastor of Children's Ministry is a gifted communicator who speaks "kid" with love and grace and
has a heart for partnering with and shepherding both parents and children’s ministry staff as they demonstrate to children the greatness and love of God through the teaching of God’s Word in a safe and loving environment.
- Must be a leader of true Christian character and example, demonstrating maturity, stability, flexibility and dependability, and a willingness to serve.
- Must be in full accord with the Statement of Faith and Vision Statement of Valley Bible Church, be (or become) a church member, and accept and work within the organizational structure of the church.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 3 years of experience in working with children in a church ministry. Must demonstrate a competency in teaching, management, supervision and delegation.
- Possess a clear understanding and philosophy of children’s ministry and be able to work well with other staff, parents, and children. He/she must have an acumen and demeanor which endears him/her with, children, adult workers and parents.
- Plans, coordinates and implements and/or oversees all ministries at Valley Bible Church that relate to children through the 5th grade, including AWANA, Kids Choir and all other ministries.
- Staff development: Recruit, train, and mobilize the necessary leadership who will assist him/her in effective ministering to Valley’s children. Ensure this leadership functions well and fully staffs and manages our Sunday school program, AWANA program,
and any other ministry opportunity deemed necessary.
- Summer and other programs: Provide the leadership for our Summer Night Camp, Fall Fest and any other ministry opportunities or children’s events deemed necessary.
- Curriculum: Review, approve and schedule all curricula used for children at Valley Bible Church.
- Nursery: Oversee the staffing and care provided in the Valley Bible Church nursery.
- Childcare: Oversee the staffing and care provided by Valley Bible Church childcare (pre-K to 5th grade)
- People Care: Effectively ministers to those under his/her care.
- Administrative: Establishes and implements annual goals for effective ministry, be responsible for submitting yearly budget goals and administrating that budget, and submit a written annual report.
- Job Descriptions: Writes and maintains current job descriptions for all positions under his/her care.
- Program development: Research and implement new programs as required for children in conjunction with counsel from supervisor.
- Web site: Provide direction and updates to our Creative Communications department for the Children’s Ministries section of the church web site.
If you think this position describes your experience and heart beat, then we'd like to hear from you!
To be considered for this role, you MUST apply through our online portal via this link:
Applicants must use Valley Bible Church's online application process (link above) to be considered for this position. Unfortunately, if you only apply through Church Staffing we will not be able to process your application. Thank you.