Independent Christian Church in Central Illinois is seeking candidates for a Connections Director (F-T). This person is to oversee the continued development of a welcoming environment for first time and returning guests and act as a guide to help people
make connections to other people and ministries of FCC. The person filling the position at First Christian Church will be a vital part of the staff team, using innovative and intentional ministry to help people make connections to FCC.
Qualifications: This individual will have accepted Jesus Christ as the leader and forgiver of his or her life and is committed to growing in their walk with Jesus Christ. Ministry experience and a minimum of
a baccalaureate degree are required. Experience and skills in interacting with people of varied life and spiritual backgrounds is required. He or she must be able to work in a multi-staff setting with other ministry professionals maintaining interpersonal
and relational skills. He or she must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to accomplish ministry goals. His or her beliefs must coincide with the First Christian Church Statement of Faith.
Additional Beneficial Skills: Strong Biblical knowledge foundation, leadership skills and experience, event planning, sociology or psychology, utilization of personality and spiritual gifts assessments, and
administration and organization.
Essential Job Functions: General oversight of the connections ministries of First Christian Church including, but not limited to:
- Oversight of Hospitality Team (greeters, ushers, Welcome Center hosts, communion servers, and weekend building hosts)
- Oversight of assimilating people into the life and ministries of First Christian Church
- Enlist, direct, and develop volunteers in connections ministries
- Oversight of Focus on First class which introduces people to the beliefs, ministries, and membership process of FCC
- Maintain and expand processes for follow up with first and second time guests
- Create and oversee opportunities/events for guests to make connections relationally with others
- Participation in outreach ministries and marketing endeavors to reach our community
- An understanding of all media platforms (radio, tv, social media, etc.)
- Perform other related work (ministry and administrative) as required or requested