Independent Christian Church in Central Illinois is seeking candidates for a Discipleship Pastor (F-T).
This person is responsible for overseeing, developing, and advancing First Christian Church’s holistic discipleship process and programming thereof. This person is committed to the recruitment, directing, and development of lay leaders in the areas of small
groups, serving groups, classes, and other areas related to discipleship. The person filling the position at First Christian Church will be a vital part of the staff and leadership team, using innovative and intentional ministry to accomplish our church’s
mission of “Developing devoted followers of Jesus Christ by Growing and Serving Together.”
Qualifications: This individual will have accepted Jesus Christ as the leader and forgiver of his or her life and is committed to growing in their walk with Jesus Christ. This person will have a strong biblical
foundation. The candidate must have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in ministry/theology and five years vocational ministry experience. Experience and skills in interacting with people of varied life and spiritual backgrounds is required. He or she must
be able to work in a multi-staff setting with other ministry professionals maintaining interpersonal and relational skills. He or she must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to accomplish ministry goals. His or her beliefs must coincide with
the First Christian Church Statement of Faith.
Additional Beneficial Skills: Understanding of discipleship processes and spiritual formation, leadership skill and experience, adult Christian education and ministry, teaching, event planning, and counseling.
Essential Job Functions: General oversight of the discipleship ministry of First Christian Church including, but not limited to:
- Leadership and oversight of holistic discipleship processes for those far from Christ to those mature in their devotion to following Jesus Christ
- Leadership and oversight of all Grow Together and Serve Together Groups
- Leadership and oversight of specific adult ministries (Seniors’, Singles’, Men’s, Women’s, etc.)
- Shared leadership with Connections Director for involvement in Grow and Serve Together Groups and other points of connection for church involvement and spiritual growth
- Leadership and oversight of Wednesday Night Equip program, teachers, and classes
- Enlist, direct, and develop volunteer leaders in discipleship programs under the philosophy and mission of “serving together”
- Explore, create, and implement new ministries for “developing devoted followers of Jesus Christ” at all stages of the discipleship process
- Develop and implement metric systems for tracking and assessing involvement and spiritual growth at all stages of the discipleship process
- Partnership with the Family Ministry Team in supporting the discipleship process of children, teens, young adult, and families as a whole
- Oversee Mosaic Café Bookstore title selection
- Assist the Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor in developing and accomplishing the overall mission, vision, and shared objectives of First Christian Church
- Perform other related work (ministry and administrative) as required or requested