Wheaton Bible Church is seeking a dynamic and passionate leader who is committed to reaching and empowering young adults with the Gospel. The Community Life Pastor for Young Adults will be a vital contributor to Wheaton Bible Church’s effectiveness in making
disciples who make disciples. Through vision casting, teaching, and pastoral ministry, this leader will guide and lead predominantly single young adults (18-30 years of age) to pursue lives of loving God, growing together and reaching the world. Working with
the Community Life Team, this leader will create events, training and discipling venues, along with resources that are engaging, challenging and transformational.
- Provide strategic thinking and ministry design, as well as teaching, vision-casting and equipping to/for WBC’s ministry to young adults (18 to 30).
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for creating and hosting young adult events at WBC, in conjunction with Community Life leaders.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with Campus ministries at Wheaton College and College of DuPage in order to foster collaboration and ministry development.
- Facilitate cross-generational discipleship. Partner with existing ministry leaders to recruit and train a team of seasoned leaders who will actively pursue relational mentoring.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to maintain an effective bridge between High School Ministry and Adult Ministry.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to maintain an effective bridge between younger singles and 40+ single’s ministry and Adult Ministry, implementing a plan for transitioning singles in partnership with both the Single Purpose and community life teams.
- Develop and maintain an effective partnership with Global Outreach and Local Impact ministries to increase the involvement of young adults in our global and local core initiatives.
- Committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- Committed to pursuing professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- Has a deep personal commitment to fulfilling the Great Commission.
- 3-5 years ministry experience, preferably in a large church or para-church setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible/Theology, or related field. Seminary or master’s degree a plus.
- Exhibits strong gifting in these areas: effective ‘gatherer’ of people, ability to clearly communicate the Gospel, vision for the multiplication of disciples, relational evangelism and development of leaders, effective leadership and administration of lay
leaders, enthusiastic shepherding and encouragement of individuals and teams, motivational mentorship and ministry training.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as engaging presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and counseling skills to deal with individuals within a wide range of situations.
- Proven organizational skills and strengths in goal setting, management, reporting and networking.
- Humble team player who is willing to be led just as much as they are willing to lead.
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to HR Manager at email@example.com. Do not apply through Church Staffing (do not click "Apply Now").