Victory Church in Lakeland, Florida is searching for a Financial Controller / Payroll Manager who has extensive accounting experience, experience in tracking budgets of various levels of detail and complexity, experience preparing, reconciling
and analyzing organizational financial statements, and is responsible for managing all aspects of the payroll operation and its related reporting, ensuring compliance with government reporting and tax filing requirements, while maintaining a service-oriented
relationship with all employees. The desired candidate must be a mature leader, a devoted Christ Follower, willing to become an integral member of this ministry, and will also possess (at minimum) a degree in accounting, ten+ years of related experience, and
a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel), GAAP, and financial auditing practices.?
This is not an entry level position, however, it is a hands-on position which includes, but is not limited to the following list of duties.
- Guide financial decisions by monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting internal audits and provide all information required by external auditors.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and any special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by completing required reports and analysis as needed.
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and recording changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Process payroll by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal income and social security taxes, employer payroll taxes, and workers’ compensation.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Skills/Qualifications: Managing Processes, Proficiency with Financial Software (Shelby Systems), Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analytical reasoning skills, Excellent organization skills,
Data Entry Management, Reporting Skills, Payroll Processing, Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, Developing Standards.
Victory Church Ministries, with an annual budget exceeding $10M, includes a two location church and a 600 student school, comprised of students from Pre-k through 12th Grade.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter along with your resume and references (please include a pastoral reference) to Doug English at firstname.lastname@example.org.