POSITION TITLE: Watermark Kids Pastor / Director
LOCATION: Costa Mesa, California
COMPENSATION: Up to 45k annual - plus benefits
SIZE: 400 and growing (100+ kids birth through 6th grade)
When you ask us what we do at Watermark OC Church, you won’t just get a job description; you’ll hear a story. We are passionate about using our talents for God’s purposes and that’s why we’ve dedicated our careers to a ministry, not just a job title.
Watermark Kids, the children’s ministry of Watermark OC Church in Costa Mesa California, provides relevant, age appropriate learning and connection opportunities for families with children from birth to 6th grade. Our children’s ministry is dedicated to partnering with parents to help raise children to have a solid and growing relationship with Christ. During our weekend worship experiences and at community events, ministry for kids is provided and executed by volunteers led by the Watermark Kids Pastor.
The Watermark Kids Pastor will work with the Senior Pastor of staff development to achieve the goals of Watermark OC Church. The Watermark Kids Pastor will also be responsible for the specific goals related to a successful ministry to children and parents. If you are passionate about making young disciples, impacting families, are entranced by Phineas and Ferb and are fluent in parent-talk, keep reading for more details.
- Driven to reach kids who do not know Christ by being relevant and providing a great and safe space for them to connect with other kids and safe leaders
- Learn quickly and handle the flexibility of working in a fast-paced and wonderfully unpredictable environment
- Passionate about sharing Watermark Kids ministry vision with families in the church, volunteers, and people in the community
- Can connect quickly with people and communicate your passion to inspire and inform parents and possible volunteers
- Seriously value people and will help them discover and use their gifts and talents
- Able to build a team that leads and executes Watermark Kids ministry by inspiring others to serve
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development
- A strong communicator and listener
- A proven project manager with strong attention to details and administrative skills
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire church
- Grow campus attendance by creating and implementing a strategy that draws families into the church through Watermark Kids ministry
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their roles on the Watermark Kids team
- Create a presence of Watermark Kids ministry in the community through events like VBS, family movie nights, etc.
- Minister to the families and aid in connecting what happens on the weekend with what happens at home
- Identify potential Watermark Kids volunteers and cast vision, values, and culture for the volunteer team
- Meet and exceed the required number of volunteers for Watermark Kids during all worship experiences and events
- Facilitate and coordinate the training, orientation, and monitoring of Watermark Kids volunteers
- Plan all volunteer appreciation events, efforts, and correspondence
- Execute administrative tasks related to the position (ie. cards to absent kids, background and reference checks for volunteers, etc.)
The Cherry on Top:
- Keep calm and in control in the midst of fantasticly blessed chaos
- Have an intimidating dodge ball nickname
- Are comfortable with defending your favorite Star Wars episode
- Can sing the theme song to Frozen (or your fav Disney movie)
The bottom line is we want a children’s pastor we can love and honor while they love and honor Jesus then loves and honors children and their parents. It's all about making disciples and growing the Kingdom of God.
Check out our mission, vision and values on our website at www.WatermarkOC.org then if you are interested in this position, email your resume (pdf or docx), a podcast/audio and YouTube/video link of you teaching (if you have it) to Bucky.Dennis@WatermarkOC.org
If you read this far. We're praying for you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
- lakeland, Florida
- January 18
Children's Ministry DirectorNew Life Bible Fellowship
- Tucson, Arizona
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
WatermarkOC.Church officially launched on Sunday, September 23, 2012. From the very beginning Watermark has been part of a much bigger story than our own. In our first year God used us to start a new church called Misión El Camino to serve the people of Santa Ana. Soon after God put it on the heart of pastor Scott Williams and Echo church in Costa Mesa to merge with Watermark and our “Better Together” vision.
We know we can't do everything so we get into the rhythm where we see God moving. For Waterm More...