The role of the Pastor (or Director) of Creative Arts is to oversee all elements of service programming and media presentation for LifePoint Church (Quincy, IL). The Pastor (or Director) of Creative Arts will oversee LifePoint’s video production, website,
social media presence, and outward-facing communications, as well as lead all components of worship programming including music, audio, video, lighting, and creative elements.
1. Worship & Service Programming
- Responsible for all details relating to the planning and execution of dynamic programs, including, but not limited to, weekend worship services, other ministry programs, and special events.
- Musical Direction: Responsible for casting vision, monitoring and influencing the musical direction of LifePoint to ensure that it reflects the vision, values, and goals of the church. The Director of Creative Arts may serve as a worship leader,
but will always be encouraged to train and develop additional worship leaders.
- Technical Direction: Responsible for overseeing the audio, lighting, and video technology for LifePoint Church including maintenance, programming, and purchasing.
2. Media & Technology Leadership and Oversight
- Video Production: Responsible for developing the people, philosophy, systems, and deadlines related to the production of videos for worship services (bumpers, testimonies, announcements), web site and social media, and other ministry initiatives.
- Creative Development: Responsible for driving the creative direction of LifePoint Church including, but not limited to, service programming, promotions, and digital media.
- Volunteer Supervision and Development: Responsible for developing and leading volunteer teams within the creative arts (tech team, music/worship team, video team, etc.). The Pastor of Creative Arts leads, evaluates, mentors, and disciples existing
creative arts volunteers.
- Communications: Responsible for overseeing the church’s outward-facing communications so as to create a consistency in messaging, branding, and promotions. Ability to create graphic designs for these communications is a plus, but not a requirement
for the position.
- Strong vocal abilities
- A vibrant and growing faith in Jesus Christ;
- Strong ability to lead and manage a team;
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to work cooperatively and jointly with various staff and volunteers;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, organizational and multi-tasking skills, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, and detail-oriented;
- Experience with media software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Suite, Church Planning Center, etc.);
- Strong creative abilities for video and media production;
- Strong creative conception skills and the ability to tell story in a visually captivating way.
For consideration, please send resume/CV and portfolio (including video examples) to firstname.lastname@example.org.