Children ages birth through 5th grade
Full-time salaried staff
Minimum Maturity Level
Stable, mature Christian
Preferred Spiritual Gifts
Leadership, Administration, Teaching
Passion to see kids find and follow Jesus Christ for life.
Starts at 32k. Final determination commensurate with experience.
To ensure safe, high quality ministry experiences for the children, parents and volunteers in KidsLife. These ministry experiences will be successful when they encourage children to learn the central truths of the Bible, to know God, and to walk out a true
faith in Jesus.
Abilities / Competencies
- Education - Preferred is a Bachelors Degree in children's education or related field.
- Embraces NLCC's Mission, vision, values, and doctrine.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Has experience promoting and growing a children’s ministry.
- Can build volunteer teams to lead the ministry and claim the support of parents.
- Can develop an educational strategy that will address various age groups including scope/sequence that aligns with NL culture.
- Can execute a comprehensive safety program across the ministry.
- Finds a balance between a strong self image and humble service. They are assertive, yet can invite personal criticism.
- Has a strong, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and possesses godly character.
- Has a passion to minister to kids.
- Has strong, demonstrated leadership ability.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining personal relationships.
- Is comfortable administering a complex ministry organization and multi-tasking as necessary.
- Experience with multi-site ministry is considered a plus.
- Ability to create and lead teams
- Ability to develop and execute ministry plans.
Primary Work Responsibilities
Sunday morning oversight of KidsLife
Oversight of mid-week Pre-teen Ministry
Recruiting / Scheduling / Training
Safety of Children and Volunteers
Coordinate Education Direction for All Sites
Equipment & Supplies / Room set up
- Regular contact with parents and volunteers - Ministry announcements, ministry dates/meetings, church-wide announcements, take home notes
- Communicate the vision to parents and volunteers
- Communicate to direct oversight, other site directors, and entire staff regarding ministry “wins”, policies and plans, as well as ministry direction
Oversee all areas of our primary church location and its coaches
Create and maintain ministry budget