Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
Position: Human Resources Manager
Supervisor: Share Resources Leader
Direct Reports: Human Resources Assistant (PT)
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for providing HR leadership to MPPC as we grow and implement our strategic plan. They will advise on the human resource and staff needs of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church including staff management processes, organizational policy and staff cultural development. They will be responsible for defining and delivering organizational talent and human resource allocation to achieve goals and priorities. Charged with developing and fostering an environment that inspires and motivates employees and supports success. Finally, tasked with implementing MPPC staff training programs to promote overall employee growth, and ensuring processes are in place for recruitment and retention of our staff.
STAFF STRUCTURE AND CULTURE
- Leverages experience and expertise to provide coaching and guidance on complex employee issues to the Central Leadership Team.
- Leads and supports in developing and delivering HR strategies and programs.
- Drives strategies to develop bench-strength and succession plans.
- Advise on the optimal organizational reporting structure.
- Integrate staff roles into strategic plan.
- Avoid silos and integrate all campuses into human resource initiatives.
- Advise on appropriate changes to the internal MPPC culture to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Ensures continuity in terms of philosophy, MPPC culture, and practices.
- Ensures effective internal communication strategies relating to HR issues are in place.
- Assists in maintaining a culture that optimizes the passion & potential of employees.
- Manage the annual staff survey, including making recommendations based on the feedback and ensuring that the recommendations, if approved, are implemented.
- Advise on change management as the new initiatives are rolled out.
- Oversee staff benefits, working with ECO to ensure consistent, equitable health benefits are established. Also review and advise on additional benefits (childcare, housing, compensation, vacation, sick days, etc) to maintain consistency and best practice.
- Ensures the implementation of employment policies and provides advice and counsel on employment matters.
- Create effective employee on-boarding and transitions process and ensure that process is consistently employed.
- Ensure that all searches, employment offers and changes in employment status (compensation, benefits, FTE allocation, etc.) align with MPPC policy.
- Recognizes and effectively balances employee interests with the needs of MPPC.
- Review existing policies to ensure they are appropriate based on comparable church practices, MPPC programmatic needs and legal requirements.
- Make recommendations to the policies as appropriate to adapt to changing needs.
- Develops retention strategies to mitigate leadership and ministry risks.
Required Gifts and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years Human Resources experience in not-for-profits or church.
- Possesses objective HR perspective in managing church problems and not-for-profits
- Current on HR Law (preferably in the state of California) especially in relation to religious non-profit
- Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, problem solving and a passion to deliver results.
- Demonstrated competency of leadership.
- High-level of computer skills in an array of software areas.
- BA/BS in related field required; Master’s degree desired
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
From San Mateo to Menlo Park to Mountain View, we are leading our generation into a transforming relationship with Jesus and authentic community with each other so that everyone in the Bay Area can flourish.More...