Conoy Brethren in Christ Church is seeking an experienced person who loves students and their families to lead our student and college/career ministries. The Youth & Young Adults Pastor must embrace and champion our mission: To see people saved, healed,
set free, discipled, equipped, empowered and serving.
The mission of Conoy is to help people find Jesus as their Personal Savior, heal their needs, set them free from bondage, equip and empower our congregation to fulfill the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-19, growing in our relationships with Christ, Serving
in the community and church and Sharing the message of Jesus with others. This commission positions us to be the hands and feet of Jesus in a hurting world.
He/She should also be an energetic, highly motivated, team builder with experience and success in building and training a team of leaders. He/She should have a balanced view of the importance of both outreach and discipleship and must be a man/woman committed
to personal spiritual disciplines as well as building the body corporately.
He/She must demonstrate a commitment to the core values of the Church. He/she should seek and create opportunities for the students and young adults to serve and to function as an integral part of the broader Church.
First and foremost, he/she must communicate frequently and relate well with youth and parents. The establishing and strengthening of God-honoring relationships with young adults, students and parents must always remain a top priority in the planning of
He/She must have the ability to recruit, equip, and release both adults and students into ministry and delegate effectively. He/She must be able to build, maintain and grow a Student Ministry leadership team comprised of youth and adult leaders who share
his/her love for God, commitment to students and qualify as Biblical role models. He/She must be able to provide the necessary training in order to equip them for service in Student Ministry. He/She must be able to guide and direct the college/career group
and equip and empower them to sustain the ministry and thrive as individuals during this important and key period of personal transition.
He/She must be able to help all students/young adults (and ministry leaders) grow in their personal relationship with God and in their knowledge, understanding and application of biblical truth in their daily lives. A love and respect for God’s Word must
be central to all aspects of his/her Ministry and regularly cultivated among the students/young adults.
He/She must always be looking for a variety of ways and provide regular opportunities for students to reach out to other students in our community in order to share the love and hope of Christ mission trips and/or service projects.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Bible and youth ministry
- Two years or more of experience in leading a multi-staff/volunteer Student Ministry
- Must be aware of and experienced in current youth culture
- Must be ordained or willing to be ordained
- Direct Oversight /Involvement in Student Ministry (Middle School & High School) and College/Career Ministry (Young Adult).
- Set the direction of and establish goals for the Ministry.
- Create programming for the middle school and the high school.
- Take responsibility for the recruitment, equipping, and the development of all middle school and high school adult volunteer staff.
- Plan and organize a yearly calendar for the Student Ministry.
- Recommend curriculum for both middle school and high school students.
- Organize and attend opportunities for middle school and high school students to serve in local service projects and national mission trips.
- Work with Pastor and Children’s Director to establish a transition for elementary students moving into middle school.
- Establish a transition for high school seniors graduating into the college/career ministry.
- Maintain regular leadership team meetings.
- Seek out opportunities to spend time with middle school and high school students outside the planned events and meeting times. Do likewise with their parents/families.
- Responsible for yearly budgeting for ministry programming.
- Establish; maintain a vibrant and equipped college/career ministry leadership group that is able to operate a successful member driven ministry with minimal direction and oversight.
- Create programming and take responsibility for the recruitment, equipping, and the development of a college/career volunteer staff.
- Organize curriculum for the college/career small group.
- Create opportunities for college/career young adults to serve in the student ministry, as well as, local service projects.
Overall Church Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in weekly Staff and Pastors’ planning meetings.
- Actively participate in and enthusiastically support all events that involve the total Church body.
- Maintain a current accounting of and exercise oversight for all expenditures in your areas of responsibility.
- Participate in weekend services as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relation to the Staff:
The Student Pastor reports directly to the Pastor and Church Administrator and is accountable to the Church Board.
What to include in your application:
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position.
- Include at least three references from people who have first-hand knowledge of your passion, experience and impact as a leader in the areas and duties detailed in this job description.