The Adult ministry pastor would oversee and lead the ministry teams in the areas around the worship service (1st Impressions, set-up), groups and transformation, care, ministry involvement, and outreach. They would work to train, encourage, and support the
leaders of those teams and at the same time be working with central staff and other campuses to keep us effective, integrated, and prepared to reach and serve more and more people really well. They would be a key part in leadership development and have opportunities
to speak and be up front regularly.
ADULT MINISTRY PASTOR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership Support and Development
The Adult Ministry Pastor would first offer support and training to the team leaders we currently have in adult ministry. This would entail training, communication, planning, encouragement and working together to serve our campus incredibly well. The other
area of this is to engage and develop new leaders so we can be prepared to increase the scope and size of our campus in next few years.
- Organization and Planning for Adult Ministries
Pastor would help shape the plans for each ministry and then through teams execute those plans in a way that fits into our DNA, is integrated with all of Chase Oaks, and are effective. This involves strategic planning, operations, process, team-building,
- Integration and Communication with Central and other Campus Team.
While we are a unique campus, we strive to be unified and leverage the benefits of being multi-site. Part of this is staying in step with other campuses, helping one another, making sure our leaders are connecting to their counterparts at other campuses,
communication with central team, etc. We want to stay in sync with all of Chase Oaks, benefit from learnings and efficiencies, and at the same time contextualize ministry for our particular community.
- Upfront Leadership at Campus.
As one of a few pastors on the campus the adult ministry pastor will have regular weekend responsibilities in the service … including announcements, speaking, trainings, baptisms, etc. This person needs to be friendly and approachable.
The role will supervise all of the adult ministry teams at Chase Oaks Fairview. Currently there are six teams to supervise.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
- Catalytic Leader. Requires leadership abilities to influence and follow through with plans through other people.
- Team Builder. Requires team building abilities to invest in leaders, set them up for success, and bring new leaders along.
- Quality Manager. Understands their campus, develops plans, creates process and efficiencies so ministries run well and people are cared for. This entails administration and being a solution specialist.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Communicator. Requires an approachability and be able to communicate in all three realms … one on one, groups, and upfront.
- Pastor. Has a heart for people and the ability to have teams and systems and personal space to care for people.
- Carrier of DNA. Protects the unity and identity of Chase Oaks Church at their campus.