Director of Child Development Center
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Purpose: The Westminster Child Development Center is both a full day Christian center and a Mom’s Day Out program that cares for children age 4 months to 5 years. The Director shall have a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives
of young children and their families.
Reporting Relationships: Executive Director and Child Development Center Team
Specific duties would include but not be limited to:
- Make decisions in conjunction with Executive Director and Child Development Center Team regarding the budget, policies, procedures and supervision of CDC staff.
- Ensure the safety and health of all children in the program by center and staff compliance of city, state and federal regulations, accrediting bodies and Westminster Presbyterian Church’s policies and procedures.
- Fill open positions in classrooms and group children appropriately. Maintain a waiting list of potential families.
- Select, retain, evaluate and develop qualified staff to support child care operations and motivate staff through effective leadership.
- Oversee implementation of curriculum and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and appropriate ongoing communication with participants, parents, employees, volunteers and all related committees.
- Prepare annual budget and monitor revenue and expenses and implement corrective measures to ensure effective fiscal responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must view this position as a ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in managing a licensed child care center or 3 years assistant manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Time management and problem solving skills are essential
- The special gift of administration and/or leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Must be a committed team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Development
- Minimum of a Bronze level Certificate
- Three years relates experience in a licensed child care center
For more information please contact Jo Ann McFarlin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-524-2224, x223