The worship ministry at Edgewood Baptist exists to help people encounter God in the totality of who He is through corporate worship and to equip them to worship Him wherever He places us during the week, especially in our homes and neighborhoods so that
we can reach our full potential in Christ.
To facilitate passionate, Father-glorifying, Christ-exalting, Holy Spirit-empowering worship within the people of Edgewood with the aim of mobilizing people to deeper growth and devotion and expansive outreach.
- A disciple of Jesus Christ who personifies a growing relationship with Him and demonstrates a genuine love and passion for serving the Lord
- A man who meets the biblical qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- A person who pursues the heart of God in personal worship
- A man who is actively engaged in building bridges with those who don’t yet know Christ and seeking ways to share the gospel with neighbors, acquaintances and friends both here and to the ends of the earth
- An ability to lead and draw people into corporate worship that is reverent and filled with rejoicing
- An appreciation for and ability to lead multiple styles of music and relate to all generational groups, emphasizing a blended approach
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Demonstrates an attitude of servant leadership and humility as modeled by Jesus
- An ability to recruit, develop and shepherd those involved in the worship ministry
- A strong upfront leader with vocal gifts and abilities to create a worship environment that touches the heart of the believer, appeals to the head, and draws people to Christ (John 4)
- Skilled instrumentalist (keyboard and/or guitar) with a practical understanding of music
- Knowledge of audio, video and other technical areas with ability to recruit, train and shepherd tech team members
- A team player who is comfortable leading teams
- Accomplished track record of at least three years leading corporate worship and a willingness to stay at Edgewood for the long term
- Ability to think conventionally and “outside the box”
- A degree from a Christian college and/or seminary preferred
- Ordained or willing to be ordained
- Willingness to heartily agree with EBC’s doctrine, mission and Baptist distinctives
This position is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Oversee and provide direction for all musical groups and musicians at EBC.
2. Identify, train, mentor and shepherd a new generation of musicians and worship leaders. Set an environment and expectation for personal spiritual development among team members.
3. Establish a creative planning process to design worship and other special outreach services. Consult with pastoral staff regarding the topic, selection of music, and special elements for each service.
4. Recruit, train and shepherd sound/video techs and implement necessary changes in system and auditorium to increase participation.
5. Lead the musical aspects of corporate worship:
- select and prepare all music, develop song sets, incorporating theological truth and depth
- rehearse, coordinate and lead worship teams
- coordinate music with the sound and computer technicians
- schedule all special music and all personnel for services
- be able to write and transpose musical transitions and compositions
6. Promote the worship life of the church:
- implement the church’s music vision
- encourage congregational participation
- recruit and shepherd singers, musicians, and technical personnel
- work at ways to equip parents to incorporate a lifestyle of worship in their homes
7. Manage music ministry administrative requirements:
- meet with the pastoral team on a weekly basis
- develop and manage music ministry budget
- utilize software and other tools to expedite scheduling and planning (like Planning Center)
- develop and coordinate the music ministry calendar with musicians and tech personnel
8. Assist in other activities as requested by the Senior Pastor, including visitation, weddings, and funerals.