Christ United Methodist Church in Myrtle Beach, SC is seeking a permanent, full-time
Student Ministry (Youth) Director. Responsible for developing and leading a ministry program of youth 12 to 18 years old. Director oversees worship, spiritual development, recreational events, missions and outreach
opportunities. Responsible for recruiting and equipping adult volunteers to assist in ministerial operations.
- Provide a weekly worship service opportunity together with small group time for the youth of the church with messages that are relevant, inviting and engaging for middle and high school students.
- Provide monthly fellowship and recreational opportunities or service missions for youth that will be invitational and contagious. Assure that students are taught and are expected to engage in outreach activities
- Visit students at their schools during meal time, when possible and attend sporting events and extracurricular student activities as often as practicable.
- Recruit, train and equip volunteer adult leaders and their teams who can then engage, develop, and guide the youth in their teachings, relational activities, and small groups.
- Regularly meet with volunteer staff for reasons of planning and encouragement.
- Conduct periodic meetings with parents for the sharing of information and to respond to questions and comments.
- Work in cooperation with Big House to assure that rising 6th graders have an easy and enjoyable transition from the Back Yard to Crossroads.
- Coordinate with the Graphics Designer to develop videos for teaching and for promoting Crossroads.
- Recruit and equip a Praise Team (band) with the help of the Music Director.
- Recruit and equip a Video and Creative Arts Team.
- Recruit and equip a Tech Team responsible for helping to produce worship services and other events.
- Offer Small Group discipleship opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for middle school and high school students to attend age-appropriate conferences/camps at least yearly.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Be an active and growing disciple of Jesus Christ, embracing the mission along with the 5 L’s of this church.
- Possess excellent people skills and exhibit strong personal character
- Affinity for student youth and the ability to relate well to them
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth and their parents, small groups and in large audiences.
- Team builder and team leader
- Strong knowledge of and ability to teach the Bible
Spiritual Gifts required:
A four-year college degree with emphasis on Christian education and Youth Ministry is preferred (additional student ministry experience may be substituted for education).
Please send resume and salary requirements to Grant Kuhn at