What’s worth living for? Not church, not the ten commandments and certainly not man-made ritual. There is no life outside of relationship with God and access is found only through His Son, King Jesus. We believe that what’s worth living for is intimacy
with the King and passion for His Kingdom. Anything less leaves us looking for more.
Riverview Community Church is a culturally relevant, biblically sound community church located in Ashland, Nebraska. We are a community of people who are willing to take risks and be vulnerable to reach everyone. We value relationships, not religion.
Some people say, "Live up to my standards, or go!" God says, "You can't possibly live up to my standards, so come!" We believe being
real is better than pretending to be perfect
and that growth happens best when we’re gracious, authentic and transparent. We value a focused, simple ministry that allows us to connect with people in our natural sphere of influence rather than implementing more programs. We believe that real growth
happens in Life Group, more so than sitting in a pew on Sunday morning (by the way, we don’t even have pews.)
We are a growing church with the belief that “what matters most is people finding Jesus.” But we don’t go door to door. Instead, we simply build relationships with people, trusting that some of them are “yet-to-believers,” and we pray for the Holy Spirit
to draw them to Himself and then watch with anticipation to see God work. (and then jump in.)
Does this sound like you? Does this sound like the kind of community you want? Then keep reading…
We are immediately seeking to hire a full-time Youth Pastor to oversee all aspects of our youth ministry.
If you are...
- Passionate to follow Jesus,
- Relationally minded,
- An excellent communicator,
- Authentic and transparent,
- IN LOVE with students,
- Teachable, humble, and flexible,
- Relationally minded,
- A team-player,
- Intuitive and self-motivated,
- Driven to equip families and volunteers, not just youth,
- Did we mention. . . relationally minded and in love with students?
Then you may be the one we're looking for!
We are looking for a leader who can oversee our Student Life Ministry (4th – 12th grades).
- Recruit and disciple leaders. (Both adult and STUDENT leaders.)
- Recruit logistics teams (food, transportation, etc.).
- Work with the schools.
- Be intentional about relationships with parents and siblings.
- Plan creative fun.
- Prepare Discussion questions and equip leaders with them in advance.
- Evaluate all aspects of ministry honestly and currently.
Qualifications for this position include:
- The ability to manage a growing youth ministry
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A self-motivated starter who can function productively inside and outside an office.
- A risk taker
- The ability to develop a leadership team that is excited about investing in the lives of students
- A passion and drive for reaching the un-churched
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to reach kids!
Find out if you’re the ideal candidate by looking at our values and vision, then honestly asking yourself if you can own them:
Surrender: breath-by-breath to who He is, what He says is true, what He is doing, and His ultimate purposes.
Dependency: desperate posture toward Him, without whom life cannot be found and life cannot be given.
Connection: Immersed in life with people with a purpose bigger than myself.
Authenticity: My brokenness exposes God’s grace when I freely embrace transparent living.
Graciousness: In view of the grace I’ve received, I get to pour out God’s grace on everyone in my life.
Simplicity: One simple, centering focus colors everything I am and, therefore, do.
Multiplication: Intentionally reproducing this values-driven lifestyle in every relationship and effort in life.
We're imagining more and more people immersed in their community as walking-worshipers. People are coming alive in intimacy with Jesus as they learn to engage with Him in the everyday moments of their lives. They are coming alive with a passion for His Kingdom
that unleashes them to be Life-givers in their natural sphere of influence. As a result more and more people are coming to saving faith in Jesus Christ and enjoying the transformational work of His Spirit. More and more Life Groups are being formed, leading
to the planting of Life-giving Churches, influencing generation after generation.
Can you own our vision and values? More than that. . . do they excite you? If so, keep going you’re almost done. If not, well let’s just be honest, we are probably not the right fit for each other.
If you made it this far you might just be the one that God is calling to Ashland. Take a risk and check us out at www.riverviewcommunitychurch.com. After that, if you feel like you are missing out because you are not serving with us go ahead and follow
the steps below.
To apply for this position, please submit the following items by email (do not call) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A current resume and cover letter
2. A recent picture of you (or you with your family)
3. At least 1 personal and 3 professional references