The Church Administrator provides business and operational support to church members, executive and church councils, and professional staff. The Church Administrator will manage church finances, property and office. He/she will also manage church personnel procedures and participate in the selection of staff personnel with the Senior Pastor, Executive Council and Church Council.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees the receipt, deposit and disbursement of all church funds and affiliates.
- Oversees the financial record system for the church
- Oversees the purchasing process and maintains vendor relationships.
- Supervises the preparation of monthly financial reports to the church councils, ministries, and committees.
- Maintains a proper cash flow control to meet obligations.
- Works with the church councils, pastors and church treasurer to prepare an annual budget for approval by the congregation and implements it upon approval.
- Works with the council to obtain or restructure any long or short-term debt financing.
- Schedules an annual audit or review of the church's financial statements.
- Oversees the administering of the payroll for church employees.
- Ensures all tax reports are promptly paid and timely filed.
Personnel Management and Human Resources
- Develops and administers the personnel policies and procedures of the church.
- Maintains personnel records.
- With the Senior Pastor, administers the performance evaluation system for applicable church staff.
- Hires and terminates support staff in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
- Periodically reviews wage and salary structures, profession development and training, personnel
- practices and benefits, and makes recommendations to the church councils.
- Ensures the church's compliance with federal and state labor laws.
- Obtains advice on legal, business and tax matters for the church and pastors.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and scheduled Church Council meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field from an accredited university or college, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Can conceptualize his/her administrative and managerial work as ministry and verbalize the function of the job as ministry.
- Practices, emphasizes and fosters effective communication in the church organization.
- The ability to manage a consensus decision-making process.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including word processing, electronic communication software, membership software, and financial reporting and accounting software.
- Timely and consistent attendance and availability in the evenings for committee and church council meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the church accounting software is a plus but not required. Must be willing to train on the system if not knowledgeable.
- Attention to detail and precision in all church documents.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relations, teamwork and support of church ministries.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, both of the church and staff, and the members.
- The Church Administrator reports to the Senior Pastor and Trustee Board.
- Prefer a Christian who is willing to commit to the ministry of the church.
Hours and Compensation:
- The Church Administrator position is full time.
- Compensation is dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits include health, paid vacation, and holidays.
Please send cover letter and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17
Operations DirectorGrace Church
- Wooster, Ohio
- October 14