Seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry
We are currently seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry to manage and expand our ministry to the middle and high school students of our church and community.
Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church is a large, progressive church with an average weekly attendance of around 1500 people. Our congregation is primarily African American and located within an urban context that is rapidly growing in its diversity. We are seeking a student minister with a passion to see Children introduced to and flourish in a loving relationship with Jesus Christ. This person will be responsible for implementing the vision of the church, giving direction, and equipping a team to minister to our children. Good Hope is committed to meeting the needs of Children in every capacity and endeavoring to promote biblical prosperity. Our desire is to continue to see it become a place where young people come to Love God, Love People, and Serve Others.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church
3015 N. MacGregor Way
Houston, TX 77004
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Date Prepared: 06/26/14
Director of Children Ministries
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive age-appropriate approach to Children’s ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Director of Children Ministries (DYM) reports to the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: Weekly Staff Meetings, Church Business and Budget Meetings.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the Children ministry at all levels within Good Hope and its affiliates. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of ministry is to love God, love people, and serve others in order to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Become a supportive member of the church.
- Make disciples of children.
- Be an advocate for Children and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of Children in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced Children ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor Children in developing their leadership skills.
- Communicate and work closely with parents in the discipleship of their Children.
- Be aware of resources for developing the Children ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers who work with Children in all aspects of Children ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to Children ratios for year-round ministry.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to Children and Children ministries.
- Coordinate curriculum for Children (Infant, early childhood, and elementary).
- Work in partnership with the Director of Missions to effectively reach Children in the community and develop a strategic Children’s ministry outreach plan.
- Keep records of Child participation and manage the Children’s ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make yourself available to Children in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Child Protection policies are observed in all Children ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must have an unwavering and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Must have a reputation that models and promotes the Christian faith.
- Must embrace evangelical doctrine.
- Must have a clear calling to Children ministry and a passion to serve children and their families, not just a desire for a career in ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement. Seminary study is preferred.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a Children ministry in alignment with the mission and vision of the church.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with Children, parents of Children, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20