Riverwood Community Chapel is a nondenominational church in Kent, OH. Applicants who are interested can learn more about Riverwood from our website (www.riverwoodchapel.org) or contact
email@example.com. The following outlines various responsibilities and expectations of the Student Ministries Intern.
Student Ministries Intern
- Work directly with the Director of Student Ministries in ministry planning and implementation.
- Pursue relationships with students and leaders in both formal and informal student ministry events.
- Encourage and facilitate relational connections between small group leaders / teachers and parents / students.
- Teach in regular student gatherings, both large group and small group contexts.
- Participate in idea development and implementation of ministry events.
- Provide leadership for various programmatic elements as directed by the Student Ministries Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Student Ministries Director and/or Pastor of Family Ministries.
Family Ministry Coordination
- Participate as a member of the Family Ministry Team to coordinate family ministry initiatives and ensure that student ministries programs are in concert with the Family Ministry philosophy.
- Actively engage and encourage parents in both formal and informal ministry contexts.
- Meet regularly with Director of Student Ministries and other staff for intern evaluation and development.
- Pursue seminary studies through the TEDS Akron program.
Riverwood Staff Responsibilities:
- Attend staff meetings and staff prayer meetings as outlined by the Lead Pastor.
- Be available for worship service needs (lead prayer, etc.).
- Be present at all all-church events as outlined by the Lead Pastor.
- Provide ministry publications as needed.
- Communicate and work with other Riverwood staff members and boards as needed for both the overall effectiveness of personal ministry responsibilities and the overall Riverwood ministry and facility needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Maturity in both faith and practice.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Able to lead and thrive in a team environment.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to shepherd and mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a relentless desire to see all Riverwood students obtain and nurture an authentic faith in Jesus Christ.