Lifepath Church is a growing 300 member congregation in a racially and economically diverse neighborhood on the northwest side of Houston. Our vision is to see our community embraced and changed by the love of Jesus Christ and we believe that a strong and
vibrant worship is a critical part of achieving that vision.
Position: Director of Worship
Position Summary: Work with Lifepath staff, musicians, and congregation members to create a Spirit-filled, vibrant worship service that honors God and reaches out with love to our community
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with staff to plan worship for our contemporary worship service
- Coordinates the worship team and other church members to best use their gifts in worship
- Develops the musical and worship gifts of the worship team
- Provides spiritual leadership to worship team.
- Works with Lifepath ministry leaders to develop overall worship experience
- Helps to evaluate our worship in light of our church’s vision and community outreach.
A vocationally called person who is passionate about helping a congregation worship Jesus.
Musically gifted and comfortable with a variety of musical styles represented in our congregation and community
Effective communication and leadership skills
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree and previous experiences in worship ministry preferred.
Salary and Desired Start Date:
Salary will be commensurate with experience and proven leadership ability in worship ministry
We desire the chosen applicant to begin ministry by September 1, 2014
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter with resume accompanied by educational background, employment history, and references to (if available, you may submit a URL address to an online video of yourself):
Nora Grimes: ngrimes@lifepathHouston.com
Or mail to Nora Grimes: PO Box 840358, Houston, TX 77284.