Director of Children’s Ministries
Spiritual gifts: Administration, teaching, shepherding, leadership
Experience in preschool and/or elementary education/ministry; knowledge of children and how they learn; excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking; high level of administration/organization/management skills; proficient
computer skills (Word/Publisher/Excel/Power Point); clerical skills helpful.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Implementing the vision and plan for the spiritual education of all children.
- Work with the pastor and core group to recruit and build the SW Campus ministry team.
- Marketing and articulating the vision of preschool and elementary ministries.
- Contacting and caring for children and their families as needed, including all visitors.
- Talking with children and parents about salvation; lead children to Jesus as opportunities arise.
- Helping parents understand issues such as, childhood behavior, classroom situations, spiritual education of their children, by providing resources and seminars as needed.
- Create and develop necessary job descriptions for all volunteers needed to adequately cover ministry needs.
- Implementing the plan for volunteer enlistment, screening and training, adhering to all safety and liability requirements for Fellowship Community Church.
- Provide and lead periodic training opportunities for all volunteers.
- Contacting and caring for all volunteers and their families as needed.
- Develop teams of volunteers that will help manage and oversee the ministry.
- Develop and maintain all classrooms based on current attendance trends, and plan for the future based on church history and growth.
- Provide a safe and secure place for all children, including facilities and equipment in all rooms.
- Select curriculum and develop lesson plans for all ages based on an overall vision and plan for the ministry.
- Advise volunteers and lend help in creating crafts, activities and large group teaching aids that will enhance the learning opportunities for all children.
- Provide all materials needed to carry out lesson plans, including toys and general classroom supplies.
- Provide quarterly I’m a Christian Now classes. Classes are two times per year.
- Supervising CM staff – weekly responsibilities; annual work performance and salary reviews.
- Develop and carryout an annual budget, including monthly record keeping as needed by the Financial Administrator.
- Maintain and sign-off on all time sheets for hourly employees.
- Oversee paid child care workers - - staying within allowed budget hours.
- Attend and lead The Ark/KidZone Core Team Meetings as needed.
- Attend FCC Management Team meetings and FCC Leadership Team meetings.
- Provides assistance as needed to Kidz Connection Director.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment between weekday employees and weekend education volunteers.
- Oversee through enlistment of volunteers to help or personally carrying out responsibilities for church-wide or children’s ministry events, such as, additional worship services, Parent Child Dedication, Summer Slam, day camp, overnight camp, and summer
- Oversee by giving assistance or enlisting volunteers to carry out any special emphasis days or activities that are a part of children’s ministries.
- Oversee all classrooms and hiring of workers (staying within teacher/child ratio) for 2nd Wednesdays, 101 classes, and other times as needed.
Other duties as may be assigned.
This is a part-time position and works directly with and reports to the SW Campus Pastor and the Salem Campus Children’s Director.
- Baptized believer and member of FCC.
- Love of children and a desire to see them know and understand the love of Jesus.
- A clear call and desire to minister to families understanding the important role they play in our church.