Director of Children’s Ministries
Spiritual gifts: Administration, teaching, shepherding, leadership
Experience in preschool and/or elementary education/ministry; knowledge of children and how they learn; excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking; high level of administration/organization/management skills; proficient computer skills (Word/Publisher/Excel/Power Point); clerical skills helpful.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Implementing the vision and plan for the spiritual education of all children.
- Work with the pastor and core group to recruit and build the SW Campus ministry team.
- Marketing and articulating the vision of preschool and elementary ministries.
- Contacting and caring for children and their families as needed, including all visitors.
- Talking with children and parents about salvation; lead children to Jesus as opportunities arise.
- Helping parents understand issues such as, childhood behavior, classroom situations, spiritual education of their children, by providing resources and seminars as needed.
- Create and develop necessary job descriptions for all volunteers needed to adequately cover ministry needs.
- Implementing the plan for volunteer enlistment, screening and training, adhering to all safety and liability requirements for Fellowship Community Church.
- Provide and lead periodic training opportunities for all volunteers.
- Contacting and caring for all volunteers and their families as needed.
- Develop teams of volunteers that will help manage and oversee the ministry.
- Develop and maintain all classrooms based on current attendance trends, and plan for the future based on church history and growth.
- Provide a safe and secure place for all children, including facilities and equipment in all rooms.
- Select curriculum and develop lesson plans for all ages based on an overall vision and plan for the ministry.
- Advise volunteers and lend help in creating crafts, activities and large group teaching aids that will enhance the learning opportunities for all children.
- Provide all materials needed to carry out lesson plans, including toys and general classroom supplies.
- Provide quarterly I’m a Christian Now classes. Classes are two times per year.
- Supervising CM staff – weekly responsibilities; annual work performance and salary reviews.
- Develop and carryout an annual budget, including monthly record keeping as needed by the Financial Administrator.
- Maintain and sign-off on all time sheets for hourly employees.
- Oversee paid child care workers - - staying within allowed budget hours.
- Attend and lead The Ark/KidZone Core Team Meetings as needed.
- Attend FCC Management Team meetings and FCC Leadership Team meetings.
- Provides assistance as needed to Kidz Connection Director.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment between weekday employees and weekend education volunteers.
- Oversee through enlistment of volunteers to help or personally carrying out responsibilities for church-wide or children’s ministry events, such as, additional worship services, Parent Child Dedication, Summer Slam, day camp, overnight camp, and summer outreach opportunities.
- Oversee by giving assistance or enlisting volunteers to carry out any special emphasis days or activities that are a part of children’s ministries.
- Oversee all classrooms and hiring of workers (staying within teacher/child ratio) for 2nd Wednesdays, 101 classes, and other times as needed.
Other duties as may be assigned.
This is a part-time position and works directly with and reports to the SW Campus Pastor and the Salem Campus Children’s Director.
- Baptized believer and member of FCC.
- Love of children and a desire to see them know and understand the love of Jesus.
- A clear call and desire to minister to families understanding the important role they play in our church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20