There are those that love kids and love God and then there are those that love kids and love God AND bring with them a high caliber level of leadership… we are in search of the latter. We are looking for a leader who is a team player, has
incredible relational skills, off the charts administrative ability and sees themself as a force for impacting the next generation. Yes, we know these kinds of people are rare but what God is doing here at Neighborhood Church is rare and we are looking for
the very best.
What we are looking for in a Kid’s Pastor:
- An imperfect but growing follower of Christ.
- At least 3 years vocational ministry experience with a positive track record of strategic planning, executing, and managing a dynamic, growing kid’s ministry.
- We reach more than 300 kids (nursery-6th grade) on a Sunday; therefore, experience in a larger church setting is preferable.
- Experience in developing teams of volunteer leaders who are equipped to run a weekly, thriving kid’s ministry.
- Someone who thinks “Orange” and has a passion for seeing parents and their kids grow together in their faith.
- Exceptional communication skills, both interpersonally and speaking to large groups of all ages.
- A self-starter with a commitment to excellence in ministry.
- Is flexible, adaptable, teachable and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Someone who is fanatical about embracing the vision of NC.
- Someone who can be open and transparent with the other staff team members; admit struggles and fears; encourage; deal with conflict in an authentic, healthy, and direct manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Strategically partner with the Family Pastor and Kid’s Ministry staff in developing goals and casting vision for the Kid’s Ministry.
- Team with partner ministry areas (JH, HS, College, missions, worship, etc.) making Neighborhood a cohesive community that cares for kids and families.
- Develop systems to recruit, train, and retain 200+ volunteers needed for NC Kid’s Ministry.
- Develop and implement creative, exciting, and relevant kid’s ministry programs and environments.
- Translating the broader church mission into the language of the next generation.
- Provide a safe and secure environment where kids are free to grow to be a community of love for God, people, and the world.
- Use the “Orange” philosophy and curriculum to help families practice faith in their homes.
- Design special events to spiritually form kids and families.
More about Neighborhood
Neighborhood is a church of about 1500 in weekly attendance. Our mission is to be a community of love for God, people, and the world. That’s accomplished by helping people take their next steps toward Jesus Christ together. Neighborhood is located in Visalia
(population= 130K), in the heart of central California only a couple hours from LA, the Bay Area, the mountains, and the beach. Check us out at ncvisalia.com for more info.
* For consideration, please submit your resume to Kelly Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls please. Do not apply through ChurchStaffing.com.