Covenant Church of Easton is looking for a part-time (28 hours per week) Student Ministry Pastor. This position is available immediately. We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate and excited about working with students
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
- Has a growing relationship with Christ.
Our student ministry is active and well-staffed with dedicated volunteer leaders and has consistently had a student ministry pastor leading the ministry. We are a vibrant community of Christ-followers serving the greater Bridgeport, CT area and are a church in the Evangelical Covenant Church of America.
GOAL (mission statement)
To develop, staff, implement and oversee the care, nurture and Christian formation of Middle School and High School students so that they will have the opportunity to receive Jesus in their life and grow in a living relationship with Him.
Students in Middle School and High School
- To develop a balanced strategy of personal involvement in the lives of the students by
- the Student Ministry Pastor
- the Student Ministry Pastor and Student Ministry leadership team of dedicated Christian volunteers.
- To plan all activities according to the mission of the Covenant Church of Easton: Loving God, Growing Together, Serving Others.
- To use the Bible as the primary teaching resource. Any curriculum or teaching material is to be biblically based.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will be directly responsible and report to the Senior Pastor.
- For yearly review, along with the Council Liaison's to Student Ministry.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will work cooperatively with and serve on the Student Ministry committee.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will serve as a resource with the Sunday School, Vacation Bible School or any other ministry of both Children and Student Ministry.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will meet with the Pastoral Relations Committee as requested / needed:
- For resolution of any conflict the Student Ministry Pastor may have with the Senior Pastor.
- For consultation on any item of importance to the Pastoral Relations Committee or the Student Ministry Pastor
- Personal contact with the students of the church in their homes, at their schools, in the community and at Church for the purpose of building relationships and encouraging them in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Recruitment, training and placement of volunteer Christian student and adult leaders/teachers.
- Maintaining of a safe gathering place for students.
- Leadership development of students in worship, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism and service.
- Participation in East Coast Conference & Covenant youth events / retreats / camps.
- Attendance at staff meetings.
- Attendance at Youth Ministry meetings.
- Participation in worship leadership at services on a regular basis.
- Timely reports to the congregation of special activities of the youth and young adults, including but not limited to retreats, mission trips, CHiC, etc. These reports may be orally and visually given in the worship services, an article in the Salt Shaker, on the website, or all three.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send resumes to the same email address.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Director of Youth MinistryConcord United Methodist Church
- Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
- January 17
Student PastorM1 Church
- McLeansboro, Illinois
- January 16
High School PastorPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Youth PastorFirst Baptist Church Elkhart
- Bristol, Indiana
- January 16