NewLife Community Church, located in Canal Winchester, Ohio, is currently seeking a full-time
teaching pastor for an immediate opening. The Teaching Pastor serves as one of the Elders of
NewLife Community Church as well as the primary speaker for Sunday morning worship services.
Together with the other vocational and non-vocational Elders, he serves alongside the pastoral staff,
Deacon Team, ministry leaders, and all employees. He is a key partner in the vision, development,
organization, and administration of the ministries of this church as well as shepherding of the body.
NewLife has three overarching areas of focus: connecting in relationship with our Father, creating
authentic community within our NewLife family, and going out into the world for the purpose of
advancing the gospel and making disciples.
For a full job description, please see the job description below.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit the following:
1. Resume & cover letter - including a summary of your relevant ministry experience and
2. A brief description of your call to ministry - articulate the reason(s) you are called to full-time
ministry (1 page maximum)
Please submit items electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NewLife Community Church – TEACHING PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Teaching Pastor, NewLife Community Church
Description: The Teaching Pastor serves as one of the Elders of NewLife Community Church as
well as the primary speaker for Sunday morning worship services. Together with the other vocational
and non-vocational Elders, he serves alongside the pastoral staff, Deacon Team, ministry leaders, and
all employees. He is a key partner in the vision, development, organization, and administration of the
ministries of this church as well as shepherding of the body. NewLife has three overarching areas of
focus: connecting in relationship with our Father, creating authentic community within our NewLife
family, and going out into the world for the purpose of advancing the gospel and making disciples. As
an Elder in the church, in addition to the requirements listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, the
following are expectations for being considered for this role:
• Maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal growth
and worship to include; prayer, Bible study, and financial stewardship
• Demonstrate an attitude of humility in your personal and professional life
• If married, demonstrate a healthy Christian marriage relationship with your wife
• Love and care for your family in a Christ-like way
• Be actively involved in the life and ministry of the church family
• Actively pursue opportunities for mentoring, coaching, teaching, and authentic relationship
building with other members in the NewLife family
• Work closely with the Elders, Deacons, and leaders of NewLife while promoting a team
• Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills!
• Heart of a servant
Ministry Emphasis: Transformational teaching with application, fostering worship in spirit and in
truth, teaching, counseling, praying for and shepherding members of the body. In coordination with
the Elders, develop leaders, establish vision, and help equip the body to reach the lost for Christ,
make disciples, and encourage follow-through on fulfilling the mission and goals of NewLife.
1. Serve as an equal partner with the Elders of NewLife to lead, guide, and care for the family of
NewLife. As a member of the Elder Team, work closely with the other team members to
develop, communicate, and implement God’s vision for NewLife.
2. Ensure the Bible is the ultimate source of truth for all preaching, decision making, relationship
building, and outreach.
3. Primary teacher for Sunday morning worship services. Key member in developing a plan for
each worship service. Will also be actively engaged in developing other ministry events that
serve the overarching mission of NewLife.
4. Alongside the other Elders, provide and promote spiritual leadership and encouragement
among the Elder and Deacon Teams, ministry staff, ministry leaders, and the NewLife family.
5. With the Elder Team, discern and implement God’s vision which advances the cause of Christ
and growth of the body.
6. Work with ministry leaders and staff to ensure that all efforts are in line with the vision of
NewLife. Supervise, grow, and encourage ministry staff while holding them accountable for
their areas of responsibility.
7. Work closely with the Worship Leader and key worship gathering teams to ensure a well
prepared and cohesive plan for Sunday worship services.
8. In conjunction with the Elder Team, identify and develop leaders among the NewLife family
and equip them for ministry.
9. Be involved in and build bridges to the local community for the advancement of the gospel.
1. Serve as overseer of certain ministries such as worship, missions, small groups, or adult
ministry. These will be determined based upon the spiritual gifts and abilities of the individual.!
2. Coordinate with the Elder and Deacon Teams to provide pastoral care. These may include
pastoral counseling, hospital visits, home visitations, etc.
3. Perform baptisms, marriages, and funerals as needed.
4. Provide mentoring for ministry staff/interns.
5. Perform other tasks as mutually agreed upon with the Elder Team.
• Holds a degree from an accredited theological seminary, college, or university with an
emphasis in Biblical studies or equivalent.
• Has served as a Pastor at an evangelical church for a minimum of 5-10 years.
• Demonstrated community involvement
• Has experience and demonstrated abilities in the following areas:
- Biblical teaching that takes the Word of God and demonstrates application to life today
- Vision and action planning for ministry growth
- Developing strategies and plans to accomplish mission
- Training and leadership development
- Pastoral counseling and biblical conflict resolution
- Mentoring and teaching
- Developing a church culture of personal discipleship
- Personal discipleship
- The ability to lead leaders
For a summary of the doctrine and core beliefs of NewLife Community Church, please visit our
website at www.gotonewlife.com
For information about Canal Winchester, visit the city's website at canalwinchesterohio.gov.
NewLife Community Church 6305 Waterloo Road NW Canal Winchester, OH 43110
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Wear Love PastorEastLake Tri-Cities Community Church
- Richland, Washington
- October 17
Middle School DirectorSummit View Church
- Vancouver, Washington
- October 13
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12
Pastor of Families & Teaching PastorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- October 11
Central Wesleyan Church - Teaching PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Holland, Michigan
- October 10
NewLife Community Church
NewLife is an independent and non-denominational body of Christians. Meaning, there is no external authority directing ministries or money appropriations. The membership and the elders of NewLife determine the governing of the church, leadership, accountability, budget expenditures, and overall direction of ministries. NewLife Community Church is part of a family of like-minded churches in the Columbus area that support each other, share ideas and resources, and cooperate to plant new churches. The first of these churches to be planted was N More...