View and apply for position online: https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/818
SUMMARY: This position will provide general leadership within the Office of Spiritual Life (OSL) to broaden the scope of pastoral ministry to all populations of the University, develop and implement strategy to facilitate spiritual transformation
and general spiritual growth, and provide strategic leadership by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide general pastoral ministry to the campus community including but not limited to the facilitation of pastoral counseling and pastoral visitation.
- Design and implement regular and occasional campus-wide spiritual emphases that challenge students, staff, and faculty to grow in their relationships with Christ.
- Oversee assessment efforts of OSL by developing, implementing, and facilitating systematic assessment strategy and reporting to inform spiritual transformation strategy.
- Speak in large and small groups on biblical and other relevant topics as required and requested (e.g. Chapel, International Chapel, etc.).
- Coordinate care of Third Culture Kids (TCKs) including cross-cultural orientation for new TCKs and regular meetings during the semester for all TCKs.
- Design and implement inroads for OSL to reach non-traditional populations, particularly students in the OPS and GRAD programs.
- Manage and develop the use of websites, social media, and other computer-related media to communicate with and resource the campus community for spiritual transformation.
- Manage Office of Spiritual Life processes of recruiting and hiring of student leaders and graduate assistants and coordinate OSL student leadership development.
- Assist the Dean in development and implementation of spiritual transformation strategy.
- Track and develop ministry opportunities for CBU students to service in churches.
- Collaborate with and participate in all ministry endeavors of OSL especially efforts and processes within the area of Mobilization.
- Represent the University to churches, pastors, and staff in California and the Western US.
- Assist the Dean in day-to-day operations of the Office of Spiritual Life.
- The position is required to be a member of a Southern Baptist Church.