Christ Presbyterian Church
Christ Presbyterian Church (of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church), with a weekly attendance of approximately 160 people, has an immediate opening for a Senior Pastor to help lead our church in the fulfillment of our Mission: "To share the
love of God and the saving power of Jesus Christ, by His Holy Spirit. We endeavor to teach His Word and spread His Gospel through fellowship with each other and by service to those who would know Him, with a focus on faith, and the emphasis on Christ.”
Planted in 1995 in Bradenton, Florida, Christ Presbyterian Church is sending out its founding Pastor and his wife, to a ministry in Kandern, Germany in August of 2014. We are a teaching and missions-oriented church, supporting ministries in the US, Europe
and Asia. We now seek to fill this vacant Senior Pastor position with a man willing to lead us in our continued effort to share the love of God and the saving Grace of Jesus Christ in Bradenton and beyond.
The Senior Pastor will be supervised by the Presbytery and the Board of Elders, the latter on which he will also serve as Moderator. He will provide servant leadership to a team of 4 staff members and to a body of believers, so that they may grow in their
Christian experience, in holiness and in spiritual maturity, and so attract people of all ages and backgrounds to a church that keeps the emphasis on Christ.
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the spiritual oversight of the congregation and for dispensing the manifold grace of God and the ordinances and sacraments instituted by Christ. Recognizing the power of prayer, he will demonstrate and model a lifestyle
of prayer that encourages a culture of prayer at Christ Presbyterian Church. He will preach and teach from the Holy Bible, respecting the orthodox position of its inspiration, inerrancy and infallibility.
The Senior Pastor shall be:
- A man who is called by God in the Lord Jesus Christ to a special ministry of the word.
- Able to preach scripture-based messages believing that Christ was crucified and rose from the dead as a propitiation for our sins.
- Able to teach scripture, Christian morals and doctrine to the church congregation.
- Able to bring people to repentance and faith in Christ Jesus.
- A man with strong communication skills, able to engage people of all ages, listen well and provide emotional support to those in times of routine life, difficult situations, sicknesses, joy and transition in life.
- A man with strong leadership skills.
- A man who leads his personal life and family with order, stability and gentility.
Doctrine matters at CPC. We are reformed in our doctrine and theology. Candidates must know, embrace and teach in conformity with the Westminster Confession and Scripture.
Applicants must have four or more years of pastoral experience in a church, having been ordained as a minister in the Associate Reformed Presbytery, or the ability to be ordained as such a minister.
As you feel lead by the Holy Spirit, we invite you to take the next step by sending your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com. No phone calls, please.