Who We Are
Nestled in the bluffs of Muscatine, Iowa, Calvary is a mission-driven church with a passion to introduce people to Jesus and to help them develop a deep love relationship with God. People of all ages and different stories make up this body of believers, which gives it an incredible balance of mature believers and passionate new followers. We love children and are seeking the right person to lead an incredible volunteer staff. The children's area will recieve a complete remodel in the next 12 months including new theming and technology.
- Lead children and their families to follow Jesus.
- Recruit, train and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the children’s ministry.
- Have a deep understanding of the relational and organizational skills necessary to build and maintain a children’s ministry with 100 volunteers
- Organize and communicate with volunteers clearly and in a timely fashion.
- Communicate often with Children’s Ministry Leaders in order to build ownership and equip them to lead other volunteers.
- Take the lead on recruitment for Children’s Ministry in the church.
- Adapt and prepare curriculum for children ages 2 through 5th grades.
- Lead creative team meetings with the appropriate people in order to implement curriculum.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Reach out to first-time guests and make them feel welcome.
- Oversee communication between the church, children and families.
- Provide resources for parents and families.
- Stay in touch with other vibrant children’s ministries around the country.
- Oversee the setup and operation of all related children’s ministry environments on Sunday morning, including check-in, individual children’s environments, security, check out, setup and tear down.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget, and plan select special events as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
- mature in your walk with Jesus
- a team player
- just the right balance of confidence and humility
- flexible + resourceful
- a self-starter
- a people person
- a gifted communicator
- a leader of leaders
Education and Experience
- 4 year college degree
- Bible college or seminary training desired
- 3-5 years children's ministry experience desired
Things that drive you crazy
- Ministry that lacks excellence
- Ministry that is flashy but not deep
- Lack of variety and creativity
- Resorting to the same old Sunday school methods
Contact Ty Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Children's Pastor and Upward Sports DirectorFairview Village Church
- Eagleville, Pennsylvania
- December 6
Associate Pastor of Youth and Children's MinistryOnward Church
- Fishers, Indiana
- December 6
Childrens PastorLove and Truth Church
- Jackson, Tennessee
- December 5
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
MISSION: “Calvary’s purpose is connecting people with God to be fully committed to the cause of Christ.” We seek to accomplish this goal by carrying on Jesus’ strategy for training his followers and building his church through our “Base Path.” So just as Jesus Invited people into relationship with himself, Included people in his daily life, Involved people in doing ministry and Invested his life, we also want to do the same. Calvary hopes to train disciples just as Jesus did who will be Connected with God, in Community, Contributors, and f More...