Position: Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Classification: Pastoral Staff
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Description: The Children’s Director is responsible for directing the children’s ministry toward its primary objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate directors. The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to the Executive Pastor and the Lead Pastor for the daily operation of the Children’s Ministry.
- A passionate and committed walk with Christ and a calling to serve the local church.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of successful experience in children’s ministry or related children’s programs. It is preferred that this person be working toward an advanced degree in a ministry field.
- Experience or strong understanding of multisite church culture, philosophy, and leadership.
- Understanding and agreement of Orange philosophy.
- A courteous Christ-like attitude and conduct in dealing with all individuals, including the biblical values of loyalty, brotherly unity, and submission to authority
- Tact and courtesy in conversation with members, attendees, staff, and volunteers of Foothills Community Church
- Exhibit a multicultural perspective with members, attendees, staff, and volunteers
- A willingness to work hard and set an appropriate example of work ethic for subordinates and peers
- Committed to the family unit and be constantly working to improve as a spouse and parent
- An attitude of servant leadership with staff, subordinates, and volunteers
Primary Ministry Functions
- Develop, lead and execute children’s ministry strategy among all FCC campuses and venues.
- Collaborate with Executive Pastor in establishing current and long-range objectives, plans, and policies to ensure all yearly goals are attained
- Lead and oversee children’s ministry staff positions of Early Childhood Director, Elementary Director, and campus directors.
- Develop curriculum for the children’s ministry department that is consistent with the philosophy and mission statement of Foothills Community Church
- Develop a Curriculum Prep Team responsible for preparing activities outlined in curriculum along with preparing Early Childhood classrooms for Sunday Kids Church
- Responsible to oversee that the Early Childhood & Elementary Directors carry out all policies with regards to child-care and safety in the children’s ministry
- Attend and participate in all FCC Staff and FCC Pastoral Staff events and meetings
- Dispenses guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with the established policies of Foothills Community Church
- Partner with Formation Pastor in the planning and execution of Foothills Family Events
- Represent the children’s ministry with vendors, other ministries and the general public
- Ensure that all responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood
- Ensure that all children’s ministry activities and operations are carried out in compliance with the ministry employee handbook and all local, state, and federal laws
- Travel to and participate in conferences as agreed upon jointly with the Executive/Lead Pastor
- Execute a plan to recruit and train volunteers that are required in the children’s ministry
- Motivate and encourage all children’s ministry volunteers
- Create and implement an engaging environment for children to learn about Jesus Christ
- Responsible to plan and implement special holiday programming for the children’s ministry
- Communicate with the families of children through handouts, letters, and via the bulletin board
- Responsible to develop and maintain a database of all families involved in the children’s ministry
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's DirectorMt. Pleasant Church
- Thomasville, North Carolina
- January 20
Children's DirctorPrivate Profile
- Saint Petersburg, Florida
- January 19
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18